Wrong angles from m3 to m155

Post by edkin
Can any of the level 4 editors take a look at this problem as reported ?

https://www.waze.com/en-GB/editor/?env= ... 925&zoom=5
edkin

POSTER_ID:3003637

Send a message

Post by edkin
Hi LeighGr

Thanks for taking a look. Much obliged
Regards
Ed Kinsey (edkin)
edkin
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
A while ago we had to tweak interchanges to force them to produce keep left / keep right instructions. We had to have differently named segments of either Minor Highway, Major Highway or Freeway (usually combined with Ramps) and a Y-angle to ensure that Waze produced the keep right instruction. Exit Left were issued automatically for Countries that drive on the left. This behaviour has changed a while back, and the Keep Right continuation automatically started appearing at many Freeway / Highway junctions that did not do it before, so it looks like our 'fine' control using naming and Y angles is not there any more in exactly the same form. The requirement for naming still seems to plays a role, and this is likely what lead to this, as all 3 was named differently.
Moving the ramp so that the segments on the Major Highway is now named the same before and just after the ramp, and being the same road type will likely kill the keep right and still treat the ramp as a normal exit.

The 'keep right' instruction is issued to ensure that drivers that are in multi-lane Highway / Freeway split situations are made aware that they should ensure not to be in lanes that might force them to exit to the left incorrectly. It is not really incorrect, but might be confusing for drivers that do not expect it at simpler intersections, or that hear it for the first time.
The Wazer needs to be made aware that Keep Right / Exit Left on Freeways and Keep Left vs Turn Left and Turn Right are normal instructions - we do not always have the ability to override default routing engine behaviour through edits and in my opinion the Keep Right is preferred vs an assumed silent continuation, especially where only some lanes continue straight.

Junction Boxes was earmarked for or rumoured as to get functionality to override these instructions, but in it's current form in the WME Beta, it only allows for selection of allowed routes vs not allowed via all connected segments.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by LeighGr
As per my reply in the UR:
I raised the same issue when I received a "keep right" instruction when I drove through here on 04 October (see the next UR, labelled "Check angles".)
I tweaked the angles of the junction when I got home a week later. Checking again now on Livemap, I see that "keep right" instruction is still there, so I've moved the junction a further north, and will check again next week once the update has been processed.
All I can think is that it's a combination the change of road type from MH to FW, along with the ramp, that causing this weird instruction at this junction. That's why I've now moved the ramp junction a bit to the north. But there are junctions like these all over the country, and world for that matter.

Let's see what difference this change makes.

Regards,

LeighGr
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa