M70

Post by Askari-za
Hi. I travel the M70 between the R617 near Boston and PMB. There are some problems with this road and gaps which affect routing which I would like to fix but cant as the road is locked.

A lot of the problem areas seem to have been recently edited by BetoRamone whose profile seems to show him as a L3 editor with world wide permissions :?:

Does someone want to please sort this stretch out or allow me to do it?
Askari-za

POSTER_ID:7716006

Send a message

Post by Askari-za
Any feedback please?
Askari-za
Send a message

Post by Askari-za
The M70 from Boston to PMB (Edendale) has been problematic for a while now. The map raid neither made it better nor worse- just different.

You have just repsonded to a general map error I logged on the M70. I do this to record issues I see on the road. Dont know if theres a better way to make a 'note to self'?

Anyways if the road is downlocked I can attend to it. If not then please go through it as there seems to be breaks in the road causing routing errors.
Askari-za
Send a message

Post by elphix
Just picked this up as I've been away.

Leigh pointed out that we had a Map Raid recently which involved a bunch of international editors helping out with specific tasks here in SA. Since the raid is over they shouldn't have any editing rights here. Only local like you and I can edit the roads if all goes according to plan.

The roads are locked as per the SA locking policy. Don't take it personally. To get them unlocked is easy, I've done a bunch there for you to have a look at.

It seems to me that the routing server is not all that interested in routing from Boston to PMB which is making trouble shooting it difficult for me. As an aside, I was actually in Boston this week doing some speed limit verification. You'll likely see the changes in a week or so once they filter through to the livemap.

If you ever need an unlock be sure to head over to the South Africa Unlockpage. You'll likely get a much quicker response there.

Kyle
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by elphix
Wasn't sure whether it was you or not so I responded to a bunch in the area.

You can make a note (others will see it too though) just start your report with "[NOTE]"

Give me a shout if I missed any segments for the unlock.
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by LeighGr
Hi Askari

Welcome to Waze Map Editing and all it's fun and games. I see you're slowly figuring thing out, if you've managed to work out that BetoRamone isn't local.

We had a map raid in South Africa at the beginning of last month, hence all the odd last editors names.

Will you please give us a Permalink to the area?

Leigh.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa

Post by LeighGr
I'll give you a clue as to where at least one problem is.

Same issue here and in between these two points.

Hint. Turn restrictions. or rather too many of them,
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa