Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Incorrect Route from Eshowe to Durban

Post by molesza
Hi

I am trying to navigate from Eshowe to Durban. Unfortunately it sends me north to Empangeni Richardsbay Area before going down the N2. This adds over an hour to the trip so not ideal. It should go from Eshowe down the R66 and then join on to the N2. If I navigate from Durban to Eshowe the route is correct. I am guessing there is a one way road somewhere it shouldnt be but have not been able to find it. I added R66 myself using the map editor. If someone could fix it for me I would be very grateful.

Thanks
molesza

POSTER_ID:3574308

Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
I'll look into it.
There were quite a few turn restrictions on the R66 which could also have prevented a route Dbn->Eshowe, but likely soft Turn Restrictions allowed it. I'll go through the rest of that section quickly and just consolidate all the very short segments into longer ones to minimize junctions.
There was a short one-way section on the R66 not too far from Eshowe, affecting the Eshowe->Durban route. That's already fixed. I'll post back when I double-checked it and fixed up the segments.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by Kuhlkatz
Ok, I double checked the R66 all the way from the N2 at Gingindlovu back to Melmoth and fixed turn restrictions that were not set, combined smaller segments and explicitly set turn restrictions for all the junctions.
I went all the way north to the N2 at Pongola and did the same, but have not double checked the route northwards (yet).

After the next map update that includes edits for today, the Durban route should be OK.

Carel
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing