Unapproved Map Updates

Post by Neuk
Hi all

A few weeks back I update\d the Waze map while at a client, adding some points and a parking lot road but I don't think the changes have been approved. On my drive to the client this morning I could not see the updates on the Waze map on my phone. Can someone look in to this? I am a newbie to Waze map editing so maybe I did something incorrectly.

Permalink: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... 005&zoom=6

Thanks
Nic
Neuk
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:8330821

Send a message

Post by LeighGr
Hi Nic

Welcome to Waze.

There is no need for your edits to be approved. You just need to complete the process by naming the PLRs (Parking Lot Roads). Firstly press "M" to switch to multi select mode, then select all three segments in the parking lot. Or you can do them one at a time if that tickles your fancy.

The city name should be "Overbaakens, Port Elizabeth", but you'll see as soon as you type the "O", WME will give you a drop-down list, so just select "Overbaakens, Port Elizabeth"

There is no need for a street name, so you can select "None". Save your changes and you're done.

Well done on getting the turn restrictions correct. I don't know why so many new editors insist on disabling the u-turn restriction.

As for being an amateur Wazer, unless you work for Waze, we're all amateurs, learning as we go! :)

Regards,

Leigh.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa

Post by Neuk
Leigh

Great, thanks, I appreciate the help as I really enjoy Waze and want to contribute more. I have just named the parking lot roads as you suggested and saved them so I will check up on it when I am next at the client.

Thanks
Nic
Neuk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message