Walter Sisulu Construction

Post by tykxboy
Question about a possible closure.

Walter Sisulu Rd is under construction on the WB lanes between Van Heerden and Gluckman.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... 15&env=row

The reporter and a local editor both confirm that the WB lanes are a gigantic ditch that cannot be crossed which eliminates turns onto the side streets from either direction of Walter Sisulu.

I was originally going to ask for a closure, but I couldn't figure out what exactly to close. The WB lanes are closed, but traffic is being re-routed onto the EB lanes as you can see from the GPS points. So, a closure could be made on the WB lanes, but then the EB lanes would need to be converted to two-way. Side-streets cannot be immediately closed off because they are not closed. And closing off the side-streets would affect routing to residences on those streets. Only the turns from the side-streets onto Walter Sisulu and vice-versa are really affected.

Since all alternatives seemed to force some kind of physical change to the segments in various form or fashion, I chose to simply disable the TR's onto and off of Walter Sisulu Rd.

Please chime in if you think you have a better alternative, or something that I forgot.

Thanks!
tykxboy
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:17149112

Send a message
tykxboy
AM: Las Vegas, NV, USA - AM: Southern California, USA / Level 4
"This message was created using 100% recycled electrons."
images/ranks/EditLevel4_Badge.pngimages/ranks/AreaManager_Badge.pngimages/ranks/MapRaider_Badge_63px.png