Editors needed... (Limpopo)

Post by elphix
It seems awfully quiet here in Limpopo in terms of edits. If anyone is looking for something to do Groblersdal and Marble Hall are prime candidates. Both are virtually empty apart from the primary ones.
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

POSTER_ID:6668793

Send a message

Post by elphix
Hi gents and thanks for the support. Carel did let me know, I was having a go at getting our national routes sorted when I came across the two. No doubt I'll find a few more sparcely mapped towns - do we have a means of listing them? I know Carel implemented a Google Doc with the routes (N and R) but I have to admit I have hardly touched it.

As a matter of interest it was the lack of accurate routes and and streets in my tiny home town that got me involved in editing in the first day. I thought the same might happen to some of our newer Wazers. Jonypony definitely has a point, I've seen an increase in number users relative to the quality of the map.
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by elphix
We can add Lydenburg to the list...
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by jonypony
Hey Rod, I hope you're feeling better, Carel told me you've been "out" for a while, happy to see you back!

elphix - I don't know if Carel had a chance to tell you, but we talked and I gave you CM rights as-well, so welcome to the top-dogs of editing! :D

If you don't see any edits done in an area that requires it - go for it.
I know you want to let other users get in on the fun, but at the same time - an accurate map will bring in more users - they later become editors, and so on.
That's what happened in many Eastern-European countries as well as South-American countries and made Waze so popular there.

So don't be shy - edit away! :D
jonypony
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/3/35/Jonypony.png
Waze so serious?

U.S.A./Canada/South-Africa/Australia community Manager
Waze Community & Support

Post by mwalkan
My name is Sam (Mwalkan) I was in Lephalale, Limpopo, South Africa for 6 weeks early last year. I would like to try some editing there. I have been on Waze for a year but only editing a couple of weeks. lephalale
mwalkan
Send a message

Post by RodNav
As a country manager I can edit there, but don't want to intrude on other people's area, nor do I want to take away points that someone else could get for editing. But if nobody is editing in that area I'm happy to tackle it - I'm recovering at home after an operation, so I have the time!

I see that you, elphix, seem to be the only one who has edited in Groblersdal, and since you've asked for help, I'm going to make a start.

Regards
Rod
(RodNav)
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Country Manager for South Africa.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

Post by RodNav
jonypony wrote:Hey Rod, I hope you're feeling better, Carel told me you've been "out" for a while, happy to see you back!
Thanks! Yes, I'm back, but not at full strength yet. At least I can do editing again. :)
elphix - I don't know if Carel had a chance to tell you, but we talked and I gave you CM rights as-well, so welcome to the top-dogs of editing! :D
Welcome from me, too.
If you don't see any edits done in an area that requires it - go for it.
I know you want to let other users get in on the fun, but at the same time - an accurate map will bring in more users - they later become editors, and so on.
That's what happened in many Eastern-European countries as well as South-American countries and made Waze so popular there.

So don't be shy - edit away! :D
Good point you've made, and since he asked for help, I'll most certainly help. My energy levels are a bit unpredictable at the moment, but I will edit whenever I feel up to it - like straight after posting this... :D
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by RodNav
elphix wrote:We can add Lydenburg to the list...
And remove Groblersdal... :)

I think it is complete. I haven't done the gravel roads which I think are on farms. Since there are very few GPS traces in the area I don't think the roads will be missed!

A funny thing is that various map sources all show 'Cheetah St' which is parallel and to the north of Hoephoep St :
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&l ... ,200765460
I have left it out, since there is no sign of it on any aerials I can find!
Oh, and even Google Streetview only has the main routes thru Groblersdal.

Hopefully, now that the town is on the map 8-) maybe more people will start using waze in the area.

Marble Hall or Lydenburg? Decisions, decisions!
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by RodNav
Lydenburg is done. Haven't got road name info for all streets, though. Still, the fact that there are at least roads now might encourage people to use waze, and maybe even complete the map
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by SuperB-Zack
Good Day,

I would like to edit for Groblersdal and Marble Hall as i live in the area. I only started to edit lately.

Could you please assist
SuperB-Zack
Send a message