https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ,205984650

Thanks
Paul
PG-Zac
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:17129516

Send a message
Last edited by PG-Zac on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by elphix
Hi Paul,

You'll likely get a quicker unlock if you post this under the South Africa unlock request sub forum. Be sure to include what level you want the lock to be dropped to. If the unlock hasn't been done by the morning I'll do so when I'm in front of my PC again.

Kyle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by LeighGr
Hi Paul

Unlock requests should be posted to the South Africa Unlock Requests Forum.

AND you need to include what your editor level is. As with your unlock request over the weekend, this looks as if you are asking for a segment to be dropped to L4, which I guess it currently already is.

So, in the subject line, include the current lock level, your editor level and the area, as all the other editors don't know all the other editor levels.

In this case, L4 > L2 : R50 Leandra.

Leigh.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa

Post by LeighGr
And please tell us where on any of the Waze wiki's it states that the u-turn restriction should be removed at the end of every segment?
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling

Post by LeighGr
Hi Paul

R50 relocked.

You still have u-turns enabled on the dirt road and unnamed segments. I still ask why.

You have to remember that the road layout in Waze does not always reflect the physical road layout. Enabling arbitrary u-turns, can in the worse case, cause Waze to route a driver up a road, only to tell them to make a u-turn, and drive down the road they just travelled up.

U-turns should rarely be used. In most cases, Waze will detect a cul-de-sac, and instruct the driver to make a u-turn, and that is without the u-turn restriction have been removed at the end of that segment.

Please do your self a favour, and install the WME Validator, which highlights probably errors. Not everything highlighted is an error, but it just means that it should be checked.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling

Post by PG-Zac
Hi Kyle,
I realised my forum mistake, and have already posted on the South African - Mpumalanga forum. Thanks for the pointer on the "drop to level 2" statement.

Hi Leigh,
Thanks for your input as well.
As for the U-turn restriction, I have only allowed u-turns on the map where they are allowed on the road. There are places where I've left the u-turn disallowed. If I am wrong in this approach, please accept my apologies, and point me to the correct wiki pages. I haven't found any pages that recommend against allowing the u-turn, but I'm sure there are pages I have not yet read.

Cheers,
Paul
PG-Zac
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by PG-Zac
I have completed the edit.
Please lock this portion of the R50 again.

Thanks,
Paul
PG-Zac
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by PG-Zac
Hi Leigh,
Thanks for your input on the u-turns. I have made the change on the segments you pointed out, and will go over my recent edits to confirm that my work has less unnecessary "stuff".
I must remember to curb my tendencies to make things "correct" and rather make them "best for use".

I'll certainly install the WME Validator. From my first look at it on the scripts page, I'll need to do a bit of focused reading to properly understand it's workings.

Cheers,
Paul
PG-Zac
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message