Hendrina and surrounds

Post by mcevil
Hi Guys, I am trying to update as much as I can in the Hendrina and surrounding area. I am not sure if any one else is!!
mcevil

POSTER_ID:16859920

Send a message

Post by elphix
I wasn't aware there were issues there. Anything in particular we can focus on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by elphix
mcevil wrote:Hi, the village is Rietkuil with Arnot Power station being the center point. Simialr to Pullenshope with Hendrina Poiwer Station being its center point. Komati is about the only one around this area that I know of that is named the same as the Power station.
Hi mcevil,

I've had a look at the area - you were right. The majority of the town was incorrectly labelled as Arnot as opposed to Rietkuil. This has been fixed and should be live in the next tile update. From what I can see there is a portion that is actually Arnot (South of 1st St) - is this correct?

Do you know whether the number of the streets are numerical or phonetic? I.e. "1st St" vs "First St". I'm thinking they should be numerical.
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by elphix
RodNav wrote:
LeighGr wrote: Arnot needs a bit of work, but there are no Streetview images, so needs local knowledge to verify street names.
Hi guys
I'm taking a look at this. All the map resources show that the town name seems to be Rietkuil, with some of them showing an area as Arnot. The Arnot Power Station is there as well. What city name should it be?

Rod
I completely missed this post. Seems like Rod was/is correct.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by LeighGr
Nor was I. I had a quick look last night and didn't see a single report.

This morning I've had a look at the surrounds, I found and fixed an overlapping segment of the R542, which would have caused weird instructions heading west along the R542 and wanting to turn right onto the Boschmanskraal Rd.

Arnot needs a bit of work, but there are no Streetview images, so needs local knowledge to verify street names.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa

Post by mcevil
Well who cares just as long as we can fix the maps, I doubt if the roads will be fixed!! or is that the roadsbetween the potholes!!
mcevil
Send a message

Post by mcevil
Hi, the village is Rietkuil with Arnot Power station being the center point. Simialr to Pullenshope with Hendrina Poiwer Station being its center point. Komati is about the only one around this area that I know of that is named the same as the Power station.
mcevil
Send a message

Post by RodNav
I can help out if you want, but only if don't want all the editing points for yourself... :)
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Country Manager for South Africa.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

Post by RodNav
LeighGr wrote: Arnot needs a bit of work, but there are no Streetview images, so needs local knowledge to verify street names.
Hi guys
I'm taking a look at this. All the map resources show that the town name seems to be Rietkuil, with some of them showing an area as Arnot. The Arnot Power Station is there as well. What city name should it be?

Rod
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Country Manager for South Africa.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G