Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Coming soon... (to your city)

MapRaid West Virginia 2018

Post by ldriveskier
It’s time to go over the river and through the woods!
But we’re not going to your grandmother’s house.
Even if she has cookies. ;)
We’re going to West Virginia for a MapRaid!!!

Rules of engagement:
-The PRIMARY GOAL of this MapRaid is to create CONNECTIVITY, fix BASE MAP, and properly NAME roads.
-Open to editors of all ranks in the United States (sorry everyone else).
-You must be in the Waze Global & MR Discord server (https://discord.gg/rKvU4Gu) to participate.
- Please check out the WV 2018 MapRaid Wiki page. Please read it over and ask now if you have any questions so we can finalize it before the MapRaid begins. We learned a lot from the 2017 WV MapRaid and have tried to refine our guidance, but are always open to improvement.

Registration is now CLOSED and groups have been posted to the MapRaid Wiki page
MapRaid Dates: April 29 – May 13, 2018

While our goals are essentially the same as the 2017 WV MapRaid, there is still plenty of work that needs to be done in West Virginia. If you were involved in the last WV MapRaid and wonder if you even made a dent, YOU DID! We received feedback from local Wazers praising the improvement in Waze in their areas. We have seen more Wazer activity in the areas that are more complete and hope to continue this trend after this upcoming MapRaid. Even if you can only help for a small part of the two week MapRaid, please know that every bit of improvement is helping the Wazers. Waze on!

THANK YOU to everyone who helped make this happen: AnorestesX, crazycaveman, Happy_Lyn, JasonN899, Joyriding, JustinS83, Kwrigh01, ldriveskier, LennyNRPD, mtb2314, MapOMatic, roadtechie, stephenr1966.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4

POSTER_ID:17198063

Send a message
Last edited by ldriveskier on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post by ldriveskier
Sellersmr_ID wrote:I'm new atthis. I think I can I this. Where do I start?
First, you have to sign-up for the MapRaid. In a few days, we'll have the raid groups chosen and add everyone to the channels in Discord. After reading the information in the Wiki, you can ask any questions you have in those channels. On April 29th, everyone that signed up for the raid will get editable area and can begin working.

All of the information you need to sign-up and learn about this MapRaid is in the first post of this thread. If you would like to read general information about what a MapRaid is, then the MapRaid Wiki is here.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
Registration closed last night and the MapRaid groups are now in the Mapraid wiki. Once someone with the power is available, everyone will be added to the channels on Discord. Please take time this week to review the wiki and let us know if you have any questions or concerns so we can incorporate anything that comes up into the wiki before the raid begins. Once the raid begins, the wiki will be set in stone!
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by mikejwb
Signed up! Looking forward to this!
mikejwb
Send a message

Post by Mvan231
All good to go! Let’s do this!!
Mvan231
Send a message
- Mark
Mvan231 (3) MI AM
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)

https://s.waze.tools/c3.png

Post by Mvan231
Very nice! I like it! I found myself! Brings back memories of being R2

Should post this in the raid selfie subforum :)
Mvan231
Send a message
- Mark
Mvan231 (3) MI AM
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)

https://s.waze.tools/c3.png

Post by Nacron
I like bananas
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid SE | Samsung S22 Ultra 5G
Waze Android Beta | WME Beta
Hawaii SM | Bangkok, Thailand RM | Phitsanulok, Thailand AM | West Virginia AM
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 50k_5c.png

Post by ndfinster
I signed up and am really looking forward to this!
ndfinster
Send a message

Post by nightshadenola
Signed up! Looking forward to the Raid.
nightshadenola
Send a message

Post by RodeNinja
"To map all roads leading down into strip mines" was missing from the list of goals

but I signed up anyway
RodeNinja
Send a message