Coming soon... (to your city)

Mega MapRaid Locations

Post by orbitc
Everyone,

Here are the locations for the Mega MapRaid.
  • San Francisco Bay Area
  • Washington, DC
  • Baltimore
MMRMap.png
(477.21 KiB) Downloaded 5629 times
  • Louisiana
LA.png
(115.51 KiB) Downloaded 4875 times
Bal.png
(415.89 KiB) Downloaded 4203 times
Was.png
(420.31 KiB) Downloaded 4198 times
LA1.png
(225.79 KiB) Downloaded 4194 times
Bay.png
(218.05 KiB) Downloaded 4210 times

EDITED: 2015/03/04
EDITED: 2015/03/07
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:8359316

Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by davidakachaos
When I was in the LA MapRaid, someone made a custom addon for the WME Validator specially for the rules there were in the LA area. That is a usefull addition to have (something like it) for the upcoming MapRaid.

Also, when the groups are decided, a overlay could be usefull to have, to see where your area is :)

I hope someone (level 5s maybe??) can make a list like this we had for the MMR :D Just to have all the tools and things in place for the beginning of the MMR.

Note: When using addons, remember that they are just that; addons! Not your own brain or the rules we have within the raid. Correcting something just because an addon told you to do, might be more harmfull than helpfull.
davidakachaos
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? ...Oh, you were finished!

Post by frankino36
it is really nice that all the world will meet in one embrace to our maps. If it were that sport or politics would be nice.
frankino36
Send a message
Frankino36
Area Manager Lago di Garda;State Manager Est Lombardia
https://s.waze.tools/c5.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s0300.png
Prima di cominciale: https://support.google.com/waze/?hl=it#topic=

Post by Kinematic
orbitc wrote: We will NOT use MASS EDITING SCRIPTS, just good all simple editing
That was a quick fix! I was hoping you were breaking out some way cool off the charts scripts. :x
All in all it doesn't matter, MapRaids are fun either way.
Kinematic
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
[img]https:///Evwimo[/img][img]https:///ESnp3j[/img]
Montana Wiki | MT To Do List

Post by Kinematic
davidakachaos wrote:When I was in the LA MapRaid, someone made a custom addon for the WME Validator specially for the rules there were in the LA area. That is a usefull addition to have (something like it) for the upcoming MapRaid.

Also, when the groups are decided, a overlay could be usefull to have, to see where your area is :)

I hope someone (level 5s maybe??) can make a list like this we had for the MMR :D Just to have all the tools and things in place for the beginning of the MMR.

Note: When using addons, remember that they are just that; addons! Not your own brain or the rules we have within the raid. Correcting something just because an addon told you to do, might be more harmfull than helpfull.
I am assuming they will put together the exact same thing as they have done in the past MapRaids. The Texas MR had everything you needed compiled in one page with various links on Wiki, just the same as your link has. Texas2/13/15. They will of course have to break it down state by state. We have a great team to lead us and they'll get the job done.
Kinematic
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
[img]https:///Evwimo[/img][img]https:///ESnp3j[/img]
Montana Wiki | MT To Do List

Post by kyhtak
TimAThing wrote: One of my custom templates is useful for finding Primary Streets and Streets without a name, provided they are 20m (about 65 feet) or more in length and not roundabouts, does this need any tweaking for US roads?

Code: Select all

Template: ${typeRank}:${roundabout}:${street}:${length}
RegExp: /1[01]:0::([2-9].|1..)/
Thanks, Tim, for the links, and for the custom template. How does it work? I use validator, but have no idea how to plug something like that into it.

Thanks!

Kathy
kyhtak
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message

Post by kyhtak
lz2ht wrote:I wonder how will I edit an area in a country I've never been in my life?
I would feel the same in your country, lz2ht. It looks like you at least speak English; that is a big help. Read the wiki, and ask questions -- lots of them. There are people here who can help, and who will be very glad to help.
kyhtak
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message

Post by lz2ht
I wonder how will I edit an area in a country I've never been in my life?
lz2ht
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by orbitc
TimAThing wrote:Here's some of the useful resources in the Wiki for the MMR locations (since I needed to find them myself, figured I may as well post them here): And now a question: do any of the regular editors for these regions have any suggested/useful WME Validator custom templates that could be useful for known problems in these areas that Raiders could fix? One of my custom templates is useful for finding Primary Streets and Streets without a name, provided they are 20m (about 65 feet) or more in length and not roundabouts, does this need any tweaking for US roads?

Code: Select all

Template: ${typeRank}:${roundabout}:${street}:${length}
RegExp: /1[01]:0::([2-9].|1..)/
Thanks

Tim
Nice job Tim. I'll share wiki link later today. :)
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
spdorsey wrote:This is my first MapRaid. Looks like fun!

I am just getting back into map editing after a four year absence. I edited a LOT a long time ago, but life took over and got busy. I'm back, and this looks like a great way to jump back in!

A few questions:

1) How long does the MapRaid last?

2) I have a few engagements that weekend, am I required to be available all weekend?

3) When does the event officially start and end? (I'm not seeing this listed anywhere). What days and times?

4) I'm seeing a lot of reference to "custom templates"? Are they customizations using scripts and such to make WME more powerful? I've been away from the WME for along time (I was using Cartouche). I'm learning WME, and I like it, but I need to learn about how it can be expanded for power users. Any info would be helpful. I'm on Chrome for OS X.

Thanks, and I look forward to the raid!

---------------S
1) How long does the MapRaid last?: 4.5 days
2) I have a few engagements that weekend, am I required to be available all weekend?: No
3) When does the event officially start and end? : Saturday: 2015/03/07 15:00 UTC (in all regions)
4) Are they customizations using scripts and such to make WME more powerful?:
We will NOT use MASS EDITING SCRIPTS, just good all simple editing
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!