Coming soon... (to your city)
Post by JohnDoe75
I miss direct contact I had with Elad when planning or managing a MR

You fill a Doc and have no idea what's going on until you get a validation mail.

You want to add more time and you do it close to the end, so you fill the form and nothing.

Your request has been seen? Is it over? Do you have to create another one? ...

Since they can't last more than 30 consecutive days, and you have to fill Doc 2 weeks prior, if you want to add more time when should we do it?

I'm experiencing this right now : I have (or had) a MR on and requested an extension and I have no news.
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JohnDoe75
Please let it be a bug, every particpant is in copy in the mail Mapraid manager gets at the end :shock:

Also meaning that everyone can see all mail addresses :roll:
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JohnDoe75
@orbitc

I agree (since I'm organizing MR in France) and indeed last HOF was sent to every participants in copy so all the mail addresses were visible.
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kahlcolimon
Tks for the info. I have a question: When using "wicket" to perform the polygon, should we use the "format for URLs" option selected or not?
kahlcolimon
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Kahl Colimon
Waze Colombia Coordinator/Waze Global Champ
Country Manager/First Responder Member
App Beta Leader/WME Beta Tester

https://s.waze.tools/gc.png

Post by kahlcolimon
orbitc wrote:
dpanics wrote:Hi Everyone,

Another quick update regarding the HOF, going forward it will be sent to all participants, not only the organizers.

Thanks!
Dana
I don't think this is a great idea on the surface and needs a tweak. I think it would be better if the HOF is sent to organizers first, give them a chance to review and correct any potential issues it may have. From my past experiences doing many MapRaids, almost all the time we needed to update (add remove users) or correct issues arise from faulty data from Waze.
Besides, it is better to have them posted on Waze forum by the organizers to let editors (raiders) see it one place (in the mapraid forum).
Agree to send the HOF to the organizers. At least make a preliminary consultation to the organizers to know if there is any problem to share the information publicly.
kahlcolimon
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Kahl Colimon
Waze Colombia Coordinator/Waze Global Champ
Country Manager/First Responder Member
App Beta Leader/WME Beta Tester

https://s.waze.tools/gc.png

Post by orbitc

Another quick update regarding the HOF, going forward it will be sent to all participants, not only the organizers.

Thanks!
Dana
I don't think this is a great idea on the surface and needs a tweak. I think it would be better if the HOF is sent to organizers first, give them a chance to review and correct any potential issues it may have. From my past experiences doing many MapRaids, almost all the time we needed to update (add remove users) or correct issues arise from faulty data from Waze.
Besides, it is better to have them posted on Waze forum by the organizers to let editors (raiders) see it one place (in the mapraid forum).
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
Nazride wrote:

Thanks!
Dana
why not

but it is very unpleasant to see that all the mail addresses of particpitants are visible by everyone (it was the case on the last mapraid in France)

the minimum would be that email addresses are not visible

I have the impression that waze does not pay much attention to protecting the private data of its users ...
I think those are two different issues.

Not sure what exactly happened in France MapRaid, but the email addresses must be kept private and not shared with anyone but the GC/LC hosts of that mapraid. Normally, you wouldn't need an email address to host a MapRaid, but we ask editors emails so that we can communicate with them in case there is an issue with their username or prevents duplicate entries and abuse.

The HOFs are often wrong or missing data. There are other reasons too where Hosts need to make adjustments, such as adding or removing editors from it.

I am not sure why we are changing the HOF system? What promoted for this change?
Maybe we can address those issues and resolve them instead of this change...
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by vince1612
Thanks for the info! :)

I think the URL-link to the form is missing.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by WallyGT06
kahlcolimon wrote:Tks for the info. I have a question: When using "wicket" to perform the polygon, should we use the "format for URLs" option selected or not?
Greetings, from previous experiences. I confirm that you should not mark the URL format

Example for Colombia

Code: Select all

POLYGON((-75.57041109055513 6.322953319415853,-75.6349557682895 6.191561541232954,-75.497626666727 6.192926819883961,-75.57041109055513 6.322953319415853))
WallyGT06
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message