Coming soon... (to your city)

MapRaid Update and Restrictions

Post by dpanics
Hi Everyone,

We have seen quite a lot of MapRaid requests come in recently (thank you for all your efforts!). I would like to share some basic guidelines around submitting MapRaid requests, to make sure they get approved on time and with as few issues as possible.

First and foremost, in order to submit a MapRaid request, please fill out this form. Keep in mind that MapRaids should be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the MapRaid

Main MapRaid Form Restrictions:
  • Max duration is 30 days - MapRaids are designed to be short, therefore 30 days is the max. For longer editing permissions please submit an Area Manager request.
  • Start Date should not be in the past.
  • Editor names should be separated with commas.
  • Geometry should be valid - Please note that Polygons are the only acceptable form of Geometry (Permalinks for example will not be approved by the system).
  • Editor names should be valid
  • MapRaid name should be up to 100 characters.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Elad Saban (AKA Sabi) for managing the MapRaid task until now, and introduce you to Hezi (AKA Hezibez) who will be managing this task going forward.

For many more MapRaids!

Thanks,
Dana
dpanics
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:17548620

Send a message

Post by Inactive user -1687853372-
dpanics wrote:Hi Everyone,

Another quick update regarding the HOF, going forward it will be sent to all participants, not only the organizers.

Thanks!
Dana
why not

but it is very unpleasant to see that all the mail addresses of particpitants are visible by everyone (it was the case on the last mapraid in France)

the minimum would be that email addresses are not visible

I have the impression that waze does not pay much attention to protecting the private data of its users ...
Inactive user -1687853372-
Send a message

Post by bcea777
Agree with orbitc,
I've organized some mapraids in Mexico and the HOF should be sent to the organizers first for reviewing, as it has been the case so far.

Once the HOF has been approved I wouldn't mind if it's sent to all participants.
bcea777
Send a message
https://tomputtemans.com/images/WazeWMEbeta.png
Mexico Country Manager
Supervisor de Región Centronorte y Región Occidente

Post by dpanics
vince1612 wrote:Thanks for the info! :)

I think the URL-link to the form is missing.

When you're right, you're right :D

Form added.

Thank you!
dpanics
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by dpanics
kahlcolimon wrote:Tks for the info. I have a question: When using "wicket" to perform the polygon, should we use the "format for URLs" option selected or not?
No need to select the "format for URLs" you can add a standard polygon.
dpanics
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by dpanics
Hi Everyone,

Another quick update regarding the HOF, going forward it will be sent to all participants, not only the organizers.

Thanks!
Dana
dpanics
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by dpanics
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.

We heard you and reverted the change, it should now be back to only the organizers receiving the HOF email.

As for connecting with someone and asking about the status of the MapRaid, the best person to reach out to would be Hezi (hezicohen@waze.com). With that said, please keep in mind that it could take up to 2 weeks for the MapRaid to get approved so don't email him to check the status if it has been less than that. I can guarantee that the MapRaid requests are being looked at frequently in order to get approved.

You can also reach out to the relevant community manager in case you have any questions.

Hope this helps and thanks again for the valuable feedback.

Dana
dpanics
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by dude495
orbitc wrote:
dpanics wrote:Hi Everyone,

Thanks!
Dana
I don't think this is a great idea on the surface and needs a tweak. I think it would be better if the HOF is sent to organizers first, give them a chance to review and correct any potential issues it may have. From my past experiences doing many MapRaids, almost all the time we needed to update (add remove users) or correct issues arise from faulty data from Waze.
Besides, it is better to have them posted on Waze forum by the organizers to let editors (raiders) see it one place (in the mapraid forum).
I agree with Orbit, it should be sent to organizers for review and to post.
dude495
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Dan B - Texas AM - New York SM - Pakistan Coordinator/Local Champ
Waze New York & NYC Social Media
New York Partnerships Coordinator
Pakistan Community Booster
iOS & WME ßeta Tester
Waze USA & Pakistan Mentor

https://i.ibb.co/2KztPb6/forumsig.png

Post by dude495
tunisiano18 wrote:By mail, you can send by CCI so no one have the other mail adresses...
Even in the forum, it's available for private messages.

CC shows emails. BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) does not.
dude495
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Dan B - Texas AM - New York SM - Pakistan Coordinator/Local Champ
Waze New York & NYC Social Media
New York Partnerships Coordinator
Pakistan Community Booster
iOS & WME ßeta Tester
Waze USA & Pakistan Mentor

https://i.ibb.co/2KztPb6/forumsig.png