Issues with scoreboard ranks (not points)

Moderator: Unholy

Issues with scoreboard ranks (not points)

Postby flordagirl » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:56 am

I'm having a similar issue; my rank just changed to 0 although I have over 20,000 points!!
flordagirl

Re: Waze Points not updated

Postby vince1612 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:34 am

flordagirl wrote:I'm having a similar issue; my rank just changed to 0 although I have over 20,000 points!!

Did you report a lot of things on the App lately? When the points remain but the rank shifts to 0 that usually means you've been automatically flagged for too many reports (possible spamming).
If that's the case your actual rank will be back in 24h. The first flag is a 24h at rank 0 penalty, the second is 7 days and the third flag gets you 30 days at rank 0.

See here: https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6271016?hl=en
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Login/Account problems & issues

Postby MichaelCarreiro » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:49 pm

About 4 days ago something strange happened. i normally have about 10 friends on Waze. Not too many, but that is fine. All of a sudden 8 of them vanished and the 2 that are left have not used waze in like 4 years. My normal ranking is about 9800 or so. On the same day my friends vanished, my ranking suddenly went to 3801. I still have all my points. I have also not seen an updates on my points in about 3-4 days as well even though i used Waze quite a bit over the weekend. However when i go to the map editor, i see the drives i did over the last few days. So i am not terribly concerned about the lack of update on the app. Though i am not sure why that info cannot be updated live or at least once a day. There are days when it updates once a day and then i can go 3-4 days without an update. It also seems to reset in the middle of the week.

I am not sure what is happening or what i can do to restore things to the way it was.

Michael
MichaelCarreiro

Postby RussPA » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:03 pm

You don't need to do anything, the points system stalls every now and then, but your points aren't lost and will be updated eventually.
Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
USA CM/NOR MSM
WME Beta Deputy Community Coordinator
RussPA
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby MichaelCarreiro » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:19 pm

RussPA wrote:You don't need to do anything, the points system stalls every now and then, but your points aren't lost and will be updated eventually.

I am not too concerned about the points taking days to finally get around to updating. I have never had my friends disappear on waze before. I suppose the 2 are related because my standing went from 9800 to 3801. I guess i will see if they come back or not, but it has been 4 days already. I will continue to wait to see if they show back up.
MichaelCarreiro

Postby RussPA » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:03 pm

It's also possible that those friends that disappeared were purged from Waze and their accounts no longer exist. That would be something to check on.
Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
USA CM/NOR MSM
WME Beta Deputy Community Coordinator
RussPA
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby MichaelCarreiro » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:03 am

RussPA wrote:It's also possible that those friends that disappeared were purged from Waze and their accounts no longer exist. That would be something to check on.

I don't think so because i know 4 of them use the app all the time. I see their points increase every day or so. The 2 that remain have not used the app in about 4 years. Why would the inactive friends remain and the active ones vanish? Anything is possible. Maybe they closed their accounts, who knows, but what are the chances that it happened at the same time? Plus if it was just my friends that got purged how did my ranking suddenly go from 9800 to 3800 overnight? For me to move up that much in the rankings all at once there must be a massive purge that happened.

Will wait to see what happens.
MichaelCarreiro

Re: Points showing as negative, reverted or back to zero

Postby progscape » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:54 pm

I'm in the same exact boat. I have about 330,000 points, but a rank of 0. Even on Waze's info on the website, it shows I have a rank of 0. Very, very odd....
progscape

Re: Points showing as negative, reverted or back to zero

Postby sledutah » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:09 pm

I'm in the opposite category. I was wondering what happened to the points/rankings. I went from 14th to 3rd in my state in the last few days. No point change. I'm not complaining, but someone might be wondering how they dissapeared off the state rankings.
sledutah

Rank back to zero

Postby kittynuzzler » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:22 pm

Other than my rank being reset to zero, and my points to next level not changing, how do I know if I have been flagged? I have not been blocked from reporting, and I am still collecting points, but my level is zero and I have remained the same number at points to next level for a few days.
kittynuzzler

Next

Return to Ranks and Points