Many users with names like world_xxxxxxxx

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Many users with names like world_xxxxxxxx

Postby davipt » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:04 pm

I've been seeing users in my Country that somehow got the world_xxx account working on the website and forum and now they can't change it. It does seem somehow related to logging in with facebook first, but the issue is that they are now locked into the world_xxx account and can't change them. I've suggested them to ask support to change the account, but never got an answer if there was any feedback from waze or not. But they are a lot now! IMHO those users should be forced to pick a username before entering the forum or even the editor, or in other words, not be allowed to use the forum and editor with a temporary account. It's a mess on the map!
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mssusa » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:04 pm

They are real users, but they have not completed the registration or they choose to stick to the waze generated names they were given.

What I find interesting is that their numbers are increasing and they have started to make the top weekly scorers lists. This coincided with version 3.5 of the client. It might have something to do with signing in using Facebook and not creating a Waze account first. I don't use Facebook so I'm not sure. Maybe someone with more experience can explain.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:04 pm

world_* is the "generic" system-generated internal Waze ID. In the US is it usa_*.

In the past, this was mostly due to "anonymous" users who run Waze without creating an account. More recently, this happens also for users who have logged into Waze with facebook only.

You should always do search: https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A ... rum+world_
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby asterix06 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:07 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The nanorep tool on the Support page has instructions on getting a real userid.

The nanorep mentions deleting the account, which most people with enough point don't want to do.

"change username" displays: "If you have a temporary username (usa_xxx or world_xxx) and you want to change it please read here: Change temporary user"

I don't see that the link says anything about deleting anything.

Tapatalk made me do it.

Alan is right , simply these user do not boder to register with a clear username !
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:40 pm

davipt wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The nanorep tool on the Support page has instructions on getting a real userid.

The nanorep mentions deleting the account, which most people with enough point don't want to do.

"change username" displays: "If you have a temporary username (usa_xxx or world_xxx) and you want to change it please read here: Change temporary user"

I don't see that the link says anything about deleting anything.

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:36 pm

Tapatalk made me do it.

This should be a requirement in order to get AM rights. I saw a USA_ user on the AM layer the other day.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:11 pm

The nanorep tool on the Support page has instructions on getting a real userid.

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby juankx » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:37 pm

Does somebody has noted how many users has similar names like world_xxxxxxxx? I'm from Costa Rica, when you search the weekly top users for this region you will always find many world_xxxxxxxx users. Are these real waze users or are they computer generated users that use some crack to earn points?

These are many users with cryptic similar names (like computer generated names), don't you think?
juankx
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Ranks and Points