Post by jasonh300
I finally pointed them to the numbers they needed to look at and they recognized the problem. Apparently it's been going on on the World server for a LONG time, and it just started on the US server a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't just the candies, but also some driving points, and hazard reporting points.

They started a process on the world server a couple of days ago to fix it, so that's why there was a jump in points over there.

There's a note about the whole thing on the status page.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
fvwazing wrote:As long as everybody has a backlog it doesn't matter in the end - but these sure are exiting times!
Correct...when I first noticed it, I was worried that it was a problem on my client end. I had been doing these marathon editing sessions for about 10 days and had maintained close to first place since they fixed the weekly stats. Then all of a sudden palmerit was way ahead of me. I was wondering if I was the only one.

Now of course I realize that palmerit is a very enthusiastic editor and I've run out of two-way no-turn-restriction suburbia and I'm slowing down a bit. :D
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
gettingthere wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:Now of course I realize that palmerit is a very enthusiastic editor and I've run out of two-way no-turn-restriction suburbia and I'm slowing down a bit. :D
Run out? You must not be looking too hard, need a bigger area to manage, need to take a drive to another area to get editing rights, or need to work quickly towards 200k edits so you can edit anywhere in the US. You can then spend your entire life fixing the rest of them!
I didn't run out of places to edit, just ran out of two-ways with unrestricted turns. I wanted to get New Orleans complete before I started branching out. Uptown New Orleans is full of one-way streets that switch directions every few blocks, are two way near major streets...sometimes...and I truly believe there are areas that you can drive into and there's no way out without violating a one-way. Seriously, there's no rhyme or reason as to the pattern of one-way streets. I got all of these done, but it took DAYS to do it. (Of course, it all appears to be undone with this database sync issue, which is driving me crazy.)

So now I've expanded my editable area to include some of the more outlying suburbs of New Orleans. And some of them are really messed up. The basemaps seem to have included every driveway in some subdivisions. I get a headache just looking at it. The main drag, Ormond Blvd, through a huge subdivision in Destrehan, LA had about 400 driveways attached to it. I suspect routing would've never sent anyone down that street. I had a lot of "incorrect driving directions" URs in that area.

Anyway, on a different note, I took the day off from editing yesterday and woke up this morning to 24,000 extra points, so I guess the candy bug has resolved itself!
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
gettingthere wrote:I wonder what the Waze addicted editors would find if they tried to count up their edits and compared to edits and points on their dashboards...
I reconcile my points every day. Doesn't everyone? That's how I discovered that the candy points weren't getting counted.
ThunderX445 wrote:From my bonus cookies:
Just wanted to point out that the bonuses come from Candies, not Cookies. Candy points aren't itemized anywhere on the Dashboard.

Cookies are those little dots you see in the road when nobody has driven on that road yet. When you drive over them, the little Wazer Pacman comes up and eats them. Those are itemized as "Cookie Eater Feet" on your dashboard.

The "Cookie Eater Feet" and the scoring that goes along with them hasn't been working for the past few weeks. Candy points haven't been added to the score for a few weeks either, except in the one instance last Monday where they were forced through and everybody had a big jump in score.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
gettingthere wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:I reconcile my points every day. Doesn't everyone?
I'm trusting that Waze is properly counting the points, eventually. Although I am happy that my bank account balance is not connected to my Waze point balance!
Waze is definitely keeping track. When I first reported the problem, Dror sent me a list of each candy I had gotten and when.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I have a Word document I keep open with my boilerplate UR replies and a couple of months ago, I just started copying and pasting my daily dashboard into that document.

I just look at my edits and multiply by 1.5 and that's always roughly the score I got from the day before. When the candies were working, it was roughly 3x the edits. If I've made a long trip, I'll add the mileage x 5.
foxitrot wrote:I've also found the "equation" between my everyday Dashboard table and matching points' total.
Interestingly it does not match the mentioned Waze wiki points system chart :)
I've found that I almost always have right around 400 points more than the math tells me I should. The 1.5 points per edit that the wiki shows is not set in stone...some types of edits may be worth more or fewer points. The exact point values haven't been made available to us. The points the wiki shows is just an average.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
What does offline driving mean, and does anyone have anything other than a zero in that field?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
The NA server posts the scoreboard time at 12:06 am Pacific time...I'm guesssing because of the office in Palo Alto, CA.

I got around 70,000 points last night and I didn't do that much editing yesterday, so I'm guessing I got about 85 candies worth of points last night.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Spil wrote:I noticed that ... picked up 38000 or so myself at some point today! And I see that we've both entered the "Top 50 Wazers" list for the NA server -- congrats! :D
Congrats to you too...I was wondering when you were going to make it. I hit the top 50 on the 6th.
gettingthere wrote:Cookie munching?
My cookie feet haven't updated since December 27. So I assume that there haven't been any points on the scoreboard related to cookie munching.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
gettingthere wrote:I noticed today (US/Canada server) that the dashboard is showing as updated on Jan 11, 2012 at 0:06. Have we figured out what time zone that time is in?

The reason I am wondering is because I checked my dashboard in the App today before 7am Pacific Time. The totals were still values from the previous day (or close to). At some point after 7am Pacific Time, they updated.

Or maybe Waze now has two processing running at two different times? One to update points from drives and map editing and another process to update from client generated points (achievements, editing candies, goodie munching, cookie munching)?
I'm pretty sure the time update is when Waze stops collecting data and begins processing the scores. This would put it at midnight Pacific time. Then it takes anywhere from 4 to 12 hours to process everything and post the scores. That 00:06 is pretty consistent, but the time for the scoreboard to update varies, probably depending on how much data it has to process.

That's just my theory. It may be totally wrong.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message