Post by Spil
harling wrote:There is only a limited number of ways in which someone could do this without alerting an AM though, and those should be easy enough to identify if Waze has sufficient editing transcripts.
I don't know how well Georgia (where cpockat is listed) is covered, but we've got quite a few active editors in Tennessee that could take a look and see if cclag123 is doing something like that.
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by Spil
CBenson wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I have also seen bad edits by this person and have never been able to contact them.
Ditto.
Add me to that list also ... nata365 messed up a lot of the offramps and onramps on I-86 through western New York last year, caused me a bunch of trouble (and a bunch of points ;)) in going back to fix the problems.
Spil
Send a message

Post by Spil
Nope, still not correct, at least for me ... although the dashboard date does say 5/24, I'm still missing several thousand points that I should have received since Saturday night. :evil:
Spil
Send a message

Post by Stahii
Hello, I have drive with my car EVERY DAY. For a last 4 days my points was not updated,but today waze has added approx. 4000 points for my scorecount. What`s going on??? It is NOT fair play :cry:
Stahii
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
jmp316 wrote:I know a lot of us have been complaining about points not updating in this thread, but I just wanted to post this to say thanks to waze for the recent fix. Points are updating for me every few hours. Awesome, simply awesome! Thanks to the people behind the scenes who made this possible!
This seems true for Europe too now. In the last days I can often return from a trip and find the route right away in the dashboard. Also, points and map edits are updated once a day.

Thanks to the people involved with these recent fixes!
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Last edited by svx-biker on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by svx-biker
I started to take screenshots of my dashboard and so I can compare the recent counts.

Currently it seems that "Waze Cookie Eater meters" also known as "road munching" isn't counted since several days. It made a big jump from December 18th to 19th but since then I didn't see any change - and sure I've had many roads to munch ...

:D
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
I don't think the update works on a daily basis:

- Cookie eater not updated
- Candies not updated

I know the two because I HAVE munched roads and I have eaten 750 Bonus candies worth more than the total from one day to the next.
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
At the moment it seems that everything is quite regularly (daily) updated:

- Miles driven
- roads munched
- updates done
- bonus candies eaten

I have this confirmed today with only few edits, my way to work, some roads munched but an increase of almost 12'000 points. You guess it: I found many 750-point bonus candies yesterday, probably from my edits over the last 5-6 days where I found almost none.

Good job waze :D
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
jasonh300 wrote:I just took 4 days off and pretty much edited during most of my waking hours and still didn't ever pull off more than 10-12k points in a day.
You forget the bonus for editing: When I don't drive the 10-12k max is correct. However, when I drive every day also, I'll pick up many 750 bonus candies for the edits on the day before. The points from bonus can be even more then the map edits.

Anyway - 300k and more in a week is probably not possible - and certainly not for a beginner from scratch.
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
Spil wrote:I don't know how well Georgia (where cpockat is listed) is covered, but we've got quite a few active editors in Tennessee that could take a look and see if cclag123 is doing something like that.
I guess the main issue is coming from wazers with many points that never posted anything to the forum.

We just wonder, where they get the knowledge to edit streets:
- Did they get all from wiki?
- Did they never have any question?
- How does the scoreboard look, i.e. are the points from edits, road munching, driving, or something else?
- Or maybe it's really some kind of cheat?

There was quite a similar thread some time ago here: Ridiculous points

There's probably in every state some wazer that has many points but just doesn't care about forum. I've also found that those doing edits get much more points than those just driving or paving roads. On weeks I named whole villages I got many points from edits and bonus cookies.
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message