Post by svx-biker
dknight212 wrote:When you named whole villages did you add road names as well or just the city name?
That really depends on the area. On a basemap I usually select all streets together for the village. Then I name the individual road names. This leaves me with less clicks, as I already have the correct city name. In "well named" cities where only some streets are missing or not labeled it's directly the city and street name.

I never really cared about how much points this may give - it's just easier to name the whole city first.
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
gettingthere wrote:I think that they are probably overwhelmed with support requests with 1.8 million new Wazers signing up in the past month.
I would think that's the reason. Also the subject line may have an impact - Candies or points not earned is probably a mail they get quite often.
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by tfc0869
I have a similar issue, but maybe it's because my account is new. No point update since I joined on Sep 23...my android says I have 300-400 points but the servers here don't record the update, I'm still at 0 and it's been 4 days...

Checking the status pages, it appears this has been an issue in the past. Maybe someone can advise how to get point updates un-stuck?

Thanks, and drive safe-
tfc0869
Send a message
Using an htc ThunderBolt / Verizon / Android 2.2.1

Post by tfc0869
Thanks for the info folks. I'll just wait for this issue to be sorted out.
tfc0869
Send a message
Using an htc ThunderBolt / Verizon / Android 2.2.1

Post by thefatveganchef
Do you get points for adding cameras to the editor? If so I am seeing an issue with people adding cameras for points. I live in the country and I have seen cameras pop up in the couple of miles around my house, and even cameras on top of cameras. I have since deleted them. In the couple of months I have been editing I have seen cameras in other areas in the city that I thought hat is a weird place for a camera but thought nothing of it because I haven't driven on those roads yet to verify.

On an unrelated note, do any of you know who nata365 is? It is a level 6 editor who made incorrect changes to an area I work at and had to go back and unfix what they fixed. I sent a pm, but I also searched out and found that they haven't ever posted in the forums either.

***edit: Thank you! vvvv
thefatveganchef
Send a message
Last edited by thefatveganchef on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by thefatveganchef
alb617 wrote:Will all of my points be captured for the last 4 days or so?
Yes. Points are being accumiliated and accounted for. They are doing major infrustructure changes that are causing issues with points, user accounts, map updates, and the client it's self. Be patient. It is all to make it better. There are some updates on status.waze.com.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
mimulas wrote:My points haven't been updated in 4 dazes. Have Drivin over 700 miles with no points update, wats up wit dat?
btrials wrote:I did a bit of map updating aside from driving regularly so hopefully it's all being accounted for :)
See: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 70#p207358
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by Thund3rAxe
Self-disclaimer: I'm kind of obsessive-compulsive when it comes to numbers, so please bear with me.

I've read in this thread and elsewhere in the forum that updated points from cookie munching can be delayed for days or even weeks. I started using Waze regularly since Dec 23, 2011.

I looked at my dashboard mileage & points and my "waze scoreboard" for the bonus cookies.

From my bonus cookies:
1st 10 miles (week ending Dec 25) 25 pts
1st week drove 2 days (wk ending Dec 25) 100 pts
1st report (wk ending Jan 1) 25
1st wk drove 3 days (wk ending Jan 1) 200
1st weekend report (end Jan 1) 30
1st friend (end Jan 1) 200
1st week drove 4 days (current wk) 300
Total - 880 pts

I've reported at least 10 traffic reports during the past 2 weeks and munched some of the Christmas cookies.

My dashboard indicates my existing miles at 357.1 and total points at 1839 as of 1-6-2012 @ 12:07 am.

From the Waze wiki chart, we get 5 pts for each mile driven.
My mileage 357 mi * 5 pts/mi = 1785 pts.

1785 pts (mileage) + 880 pts (one-time bonus cookies) + reports and Christmas cookies = at least 2800 or more pts, which is far from the 1839 shown on my dashboard.

It appears that I've been credited with only 54 pts (=1839-1785) from bonus cookies.
According to previous posts, we just have to wait for the points to update and maybe I'll see a huge jump at some point in the future?
Thund3rAxe
Send a message
John C.
Southern California, USA

Post by Thund3rAxe
When I last posted on Jan 7 (UTC Jan 8), I had 1839 pts from 357 mi(1785 pts) + 54 pts from probable cookies eaten or traffic alerts submitted. And missing some 900+ pts from bonus candies and cookies.

On my dashboard today, I have 4018 pts from 537 mi(2685 pts) and 20 driving alerts (120 pts), where it was 0 before.

So the other 1213 pts must be from the updated bonus candies and cookies eaten that i had been missing before.

Thanks to the Waze team for the updated stats. :D
Thund3rAxe
Send a message
John C.
Southern California, USA

Post by Timbones
On the new editor, you only get 1 point per edit* (not 1.5). On the plus side, you get points for all the segments in a multi-selection edit. [ref] <-- nir explicitly mention double points here

*with the bonus candy, this works out at 2.5 points per edit.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries