Points, scoreboard and ranking problems

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Points, scoreboard and ranking problems

Postby mjhmjh2 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:15 am

Hi,

I have been driving more than 350 miles every week for the last month. My dashboard shows points for pacman munching, traffic alerts and so on, but not a single mile point.

Am I doing something wrong or misunderstand how this should work?

Thanks
Matthew
mjhmjh2

Postby porubcan » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:34 am

is it possible to attach dashboard screenshot?
apparently if you see data for traffic reports and munching, you should be logged onto correct server.
do points in dashboard and client's scoreboard show the same amount?
also you might check drives history in map editor
Image Image Image
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Android Beta Tester
Waze 4.0.1.1 on HTC One M9, Android 6.0 @ white Škoda Octavia RS Combi
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mjhmjh2 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:53 am

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/8HwGb83Fy0fqkgPZHn0KTdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

The dash is only a little bit behind the score shown in the client scoreboard, I guess due to the once a day update.

Today, my client shows rank 18,282; points 10,212; 2454 points to the next level.

Thanks for your help.
mjhmjh2

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:20 pm

mjhmjh2 wrote:https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/8HwGb83Fy0fqkgPZHn0KTdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

The dashis only a little bit behind the score shown in the client scoreboard, I guess due to the once a day update.

Today, my client shows rank 18,282; points 10,212; 2454 points to the next level.

Thanks for your help.

In not sure why you think you're missing any points.

You've driven 2928 km at 3.2 points per km. 9369 points

You've munched about a km of cookies at 10 points per km. 10 points

You've posted 21 alerts at 6 points each. 126 points

9505 points.

The dashboard shows you have 10188 points, meaning you got 683 points from somewhere else.

The dashboard doesn't itemize the bonus candies you may have picked up as you've progressed, or fuel price reports, so that may be where the extra points came from.

The points on the scoreboard never match the dashboard exactly. Nobody has ever been able to give us an answer why.

Via my iPhone 4S.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana or Mississippi Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mjhmjh2 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:48 pm

The mileage points haven't changed at all in 4 weeks of driving 350+ miles each of those 4 weeks. However the traffic report one has.

So every day I am driving around 70 miles, 35 to work and 35 back plus normal weekend miles on top. Every day I check the dashboard. Driving alerts are updated but 'new kilometers' always shows 0.

I even found a road that needed 'munching' and drive that to make sure it was picking up the fact if driven. That updated correctly.

So why am I not getting any mileage points? Do u have to do a weekly minimum first?
mjhmjh2

Postby porubcan » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:06 pm

New kilometers means new pawed roads. Not daily delta.
Existing kilometers should change on daily basis.
Sometimes there is delay (up to several days) in drives processing...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Image Image Image
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Android Beta Tester
Waze 4.0.1.1 on HTC One M9, Android 6.0 @ white Škoda Octavia RS Combi
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Also, all this information is covered in the Wiki under Dashboard and Points.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:57 pm

mjhmjh2 wrote:The mileage points haven't changed at all in 4 weeks of driving 350+ miles each of those 4 weeks. However the traffic report one has.

So every day I am driving around 70 miles, 35 to work and 35 back plus normal weekend miles on top. Every day I check the dashboard. Driving alerts are updated but 'new kilometers' always shows 0.

I even found a road that needed 'munching' and drive that to make sure it was picking up the fact if driven. That updated correctly.

So why am I not getting any mileage points? Do u have to do a weekly minimum first?

There is only one line for points. The one at the top where it says "10188 points". This covers all of the points you get for everything you do.

Your cumulative mileage (kilometrage) shows under "Existing Kilometers". "New Recorded Kilometers" is for paving, something that you might never do unless you're in a country with a completely undeveloped map.

If you still think something is wrong, post a new screenshot tomorrow of your updated dashboard (don't delete today's screenshot) and I'll give you further analysis.
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby seanhussey » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:56 pm

I am also having an issue with points showing up. I'm a new user, but I apparently created an account over 2 years ago. Once I got access back to that account, I was able to use the app just fine.

However, while the app says I'm picking up points (25 points for first 10 miles, 6 points here and there for reports, 25 bonus points for...I don't know what, but I drove over/through it on the map), my point total is 12.

Is the calculator just slow? By my count, on Monday I had 0 points. I accumulated at least 62 points that day (first 10 miles = 25, 2 reports = 12, first report = 25), but on Tuesday, the dashboard said I only had 6.

On Tuesday I drove a small bit, picked up some random 25-point bonus, sent a report or two, and got the 100-point bonus for driving twice in one week. My point total on Wednesday is 12.

Is the dashboard just days-slow in calculations? The bonus points list shows I've hit 3 items so far (150 points total), but those aren't reflected elsewhere.

If calculations aren't this slow, is there any chance my old-and-unused-until-very-recently account missed some sort of migration?

Thanks very much, everyone.

-----EDIT
To confirm, I am logging into the North America version of Waze, not the World version. The app and web dashboards agree on points and rank, it's just that they're not correct. The only points I have are for driving 2.5 miles. The rank was last updated at 6.11.2013, 23:50, so that says to me my other points should be included by now.

If there are any other basic things I should check, I will, but this seems to cover what's in the FAQ.
seanhussey

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:27 pm

seanhussey wrote:I am also having an issue with points showing up. I'm a new user, but I apparently created an account over 2 years ago. Once I got access back to that account, I was able to use the app just fine.

However, while the app says I'm picking up points (25 points for first 10 miles, 6 points here and there for reports, 25 bonus points for...I don't know what, but I drove over/through it on the map), my point total is 12.

Is the calculator just slow? By my count, on Monday I had 0 points. I accumulated at least 62 points that day (first 10 miles = 25, 2 reports = 12, first report = 25), but on Tuesday, the dashboard said I only had 6.

On Tuesday I drove a small bit, picked up some random 25-point bonus, sent a report or two, and got the 100-point bonus for driving twice in one week. My point total on Wednesday is 12.

Is the dashboard just days-slow in calculations? The bonus points list shows I've hit 3 items so far (150 points total), but those aren't reflected elsewhere.

If calculations aren't this slow, is there any chance my old-and-unused-until-very-recently account missed some sort of migration?

Thanks very much, everyone.

-----EDIT
To confirm, I am logging into the North America version of Waze, not the World version. The app and web dashboards agree on points and rank, it's just that they're not correct. The only points I have are for driving 2.5 miles. The rank was last updated at 6.11.2013, 23:50, so that says to me my other points should be included by now.

If there are any other basic things I should check, I will, but this seems to cover what's in the FAQ.

It generally takes about a week for a new user's account to start updating. Give it 4 or 5 more days. It shows your account was created June 10, 2013.
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Ranks and Points