100k map edit club

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Re: 100,000 map edit club

Postby mapcat » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:01 am

gettingthere wrote:Yep, unfortunately the maps are not getting worked on fast enough, ie - more editors are needed. Maybe someone (any volunteer?) needs to identify the top 25 most traveled highways in the United States and a bunch of us need to 'adopt a highway' and go from end to end updating it as you are doing with the I-5.

I have done sections of I-8, I-20, I-215, I-10, I-805 etc. but none from end to end. I know that other frequent posters have done some other highways, but I don't know if anyone is keeping track of this from a country-wide perspective.

I-71: done end to end
I-72: done end to end
I-74: done end to end*
I-70 in WV, OH, IN, IL, MO, KS: done*
I-80 in OH, IN, IL, IA, NE, WY: done*
I-29 in IA, SD, ND: done

"done" means intermediate nodes are gone, connections at ramps are checked, N/S/E/W appended, exits named, on-ramps named, and routing checked from one end to the other, both directions.

*short stretches in cities with active AMs have not been edited yet

Now, I'll sit back and wait as someone else proves that they're not done (I know about the issue in Urbana, IL, which should be fixed now)
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1
mapcat

Re: 100,000 map edit club

Postby weeezer14 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:53 am

I was just tweaking the overlap of I-71 and I-75. Changing it from named as I-71 to I-75 since that is the primary route (I-71 splitting off at each end is a numbered exit).

I'm working in stages with named exits being last on my list. I've updated the naming of some exits to more closely match signs.

Just building upon the already great work you've done :D

As for highways, I am limited to roads I've actually driven. That does cover TN to places like NYC, Chicago, Richmond VA, Miami FL, so it is a loooong list of highways.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
weeezer14

Postby mapcat » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:13 am

WeeeZer14 wrote:I was just tweaking the overlap of I-71 and I-75. Changing it from named as I-71 to I-75 since that is the primary route (I-71 splitting off at each end is a numbered exit).

True, and the exit numbers are 75's too. Good call. It came that way, so I didn't bother changing it.

I'm working in stages with named exits being last on my list. I've updated the naming of some exits to more closely match signs.

...instead of what the lazy initial editor did, which was just "Exit 123" &c.

As for highways, I am limited to roads I've actually driven. That does cover TN to places like NYC, Chicago, Richmond VA, Miami FL, so it is a loooong list of highways.

Just think, if instead of spending all that time driving, you'd spent it editing instead, you'd be a level 4 editing ninja too.
mapcat

Postby weeezer14 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:20 am

I have to drive these long trips to make using Waze worth it... I work out of my home office so I don't have a daily commute. The only time I drive (other than local shopping) usually involves crossing a few state lines.

And BTW, "lazy" exit labeling is still a million times better than no exit labeling. Or exits labeled "Ramp".

P.S. -- I'm just under 73K edits now, so I too may be a ninja in the near future ;)
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
weeezer14

Postby argus-cronos » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:40 am

gettingthere wrote:
argus-cronos wrote:No, they not appearing in the list. But with cartouche you can also delete roads wich are pending for deletion, but these roads also not appearing in the list.

And you cannot edit junctions or create roundabouts outside of your area.

I have been able to do all editing functions (including junctioning, roundabouts, and deletions) throughout much of the United States. I don't know if this is specifically related to editor rank (4). I have not driven anywhere near some of these locations and not in the area that I manage.

I just closed out a couple of Update Requests in the Las Vegas, NV area where I have not driven close to. So I can assume that I am able to close Update Requests in any location where I can edit.

FYI - I also tried editing in Northern Mexico, on the US server, near Texas and don't have rights. So I have no idea what editor rank of (4) allows you to do and where...

So you're a lucky guy. I still cannot create Junctions or Roundabouts outside of my area. But the Roads i have editet can be connected over Junctions from other users, this is new!
I can delete all roads perhaps on the whole world server, i've tried in the Nederlands where i've never been. Of course without messing up anything over there. But the Update Requests and pending deletions appearing only in my area and i editet in the whole country.
argus-cronos
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

100,000 map edit club

Postby gettingthere » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:42 am

I should note that with the exception of Update Requests my editing experience above is in the new Cartouche (aka Papyrus).
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico
iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1, Waze 4.4
Waze - PLEASE ADD CARPLAY SUPPORT
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby argus-cronos » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:29 am

Ok mine is only in Cartouche. In Papyrus i can edit only in my aereas.
argus-cronos
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby pulsarxp » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:42 am

Hi all!

I join the club today. :-)
Today's update, I have 100120 map edits :mrgreen:
Country manager: Hungary
Hardware: Samsung S6 Edge Plus : Android 5.1.1
Car: Peugeot 206 SW
pulsarxp
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mapcat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:04 pm

pulsarxp wrote:Hi all!

Congratulations! The first 100,000 is always the hardest.
mapcat

100,000 map edit club

Postby gettingthere » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:36 pm

pulsarxp wrote:Hi all!

Welcome to the club. Enjoy your new editing rights!
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico
iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1, Waze 4.4
Waze - PLEASE ADD CARPLAY SUPPORT
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Ranks and Points