Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by leocylau
sakasuka wrote:I have wazers in my area with less points than me, but have a shield or sword. But I do not.

Very confusing!
You cannot trust the point shown on the client. I have 334k on my dashboard by only 240k shown on client. Maybe it is the reason you see a wazer has less points than you but have a shield or sword.
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator

Post by Majumdar
I have the crown - but could care less; my objective is to use Waze as a nav system and do as many nav edits to give back to the community that shares with me!

:) Rob
Majumdar
Send a message
Area Manager - Quebec, Canada

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Android 4.4.4 | Waze Beta 3.9.3 | Telus Mobility

Post by mapcat
sakasuka wrote:I have people driving all around me in my area with a sword with 4k points, or a shield with 2k points. I am a few points away from 5k points, but I don' have a sword or shield. Really confusing!

I feel like it would be more fun if I knew what I was working towards....

Thanks for everyone's help! :geek:
They might be from another state/country where the threshold is lower.
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by Mscatinboston
I received my crown, however, I only have 3 stars over my name. Should all my stars be filled since I have my crown? ;)
Mscatinboston
Send a message
Ms. Cathy
iPhone 5 Blk 64GB
Lunatik Taktik Extreme Case

Post by Mscatinboston
;) Thanks for responses!
Mscatinboston
Send a message
Ms. Cathy
iPhone 5 Blk 64GB

Post by Mscatinboston
:) Hi gettingthere, I will still have my stars since I have a WM phone. I won't be able to use WAZE 3. Thanks for the info.

Go Pats!
Mscatinboston
Send a message
Ms. Cathy
iPhone 5 Blk 64GB

Post by pulsarxp
It depends on the number of users in the country, and the total number of points (also in the country). But there is no accurate data.
pulsarxp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://sign.waze.tools/images/signatures/cones-6.png
Country manager: Hungary
Hardware: Samsung S9 Plus : Android 9.0.0
Car: Peugeot 206 SW

Post by RickW-NC
The Me tab on your client scoreboard (or here) should tell you how many points you need to get to the next level. (At least it used to). I would not trust the information on the client for other wazers that you get by tapping on them as I have seen all sorts of scores and join dates that make no sense at all based on the icon. The name seems to be right The number of points is based on some percentage of Wazers in your state and recomputed monthly.
RickW-NC
Send a message
Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 Waze 3.1.0.0 (Crown, AM)

Post by rlpl
I have noticed that the level of royalty is set to the user who obtained the royalty but the level does not change daily. The users' ranks grow but the levels remain. That means: to get the shield you need to have more points than the user who obtained the shield at the moment when he obtained it. The level remains unchanged until the system decides that there are enough users with the royalty and moves the level up to the amount of points of another user. So if you get the royalty and you stop earning points you may be dropped below the threshold and then if you are there too long you may lose the royalty. Pretty complex and inaccurate description but this is my understanding of these rules.
rlpl
Send a message
My previous login name was rl_pl.

Post by rlpl
foxitrot wrote:sometimes also do the registration dates.
I have noticed that the registration dates are displayed modulo 1 year. That means if the user is displayed as registered 3 months ago, this may mean 3 months ago but also 1 year and 3 months ago, 2 years and 3 months ago, and so on.
rlpl
Send a message
My previous login name was rl_pl.