Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by kentsmith9
When you click on the Waze user's icon on your map, does it list the MegaXXX status or badges? I have never had one in my backyard to be able to click on one. ;)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Looks like I get my first VIP status now (Mega Mapper). I was telling banished that I have been working hard to rid the state of California of what I call the cockroaches of Waze, better known as Portola Valley segments. I swear, every time I try to make an edit I get the dreaded save error "the segment is too far from the city, blah, blah, blah" which then sends me off killing all of them that I can find near my edits. I so easily get distracted. :evil:
200K_edits.jpg
(25.73 KiB) Downloaded 2062 times
Have we ever asked the developers to add the Thumbs Up count on our point pages rather than having to ask them through the support line? Not sure why they would not show it already. A more applicable thread is already going on this, but I guess it was not raised in the past based on the low responses. I will ask support then. http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... a+reporter
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
WeeeZer14 wrote:Welcome Kent. Now change your signature banner ;)
I was going to do that and then decided to wait until my rank actually changes. My map edits still say I am rank (3) and I didn't want to claim something I'm not (yet). No reply from support yet on the request from a few days ago. :D
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Thanks everyone.
Spil wrote:Welcome, Kent & Shaigan -- the club's getting pretty crowded, maybe I should get back to power-editing and move up to the next club to give you folks some more room here. :D :lol:
Please, get back to work. ;)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
kentsmith9 wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:Welcome Kent. Now change your signature banner ;)
I was going to do that and then decided to wait until my rank actually changes. My map edits still say I am rank (3) and I didn't want to claim something I'm not (yet). No reply from support yet on the request from a few days ago. :D
Finally got the reply from Support to confirm the change. I see it on the map editor as well, so now I can officially claim it in my signature.

I had a heck of a time finding the sig banners WeeeZer14 created in the Wiki, so I am going to create some more redirects to find them easier.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Spil wrote:Could've saved yourself some time just by looking at the image info on the one in my sig. ;) :o :P
I did realize that after I started searching, but then I wanted to be sure others could find it who did not realize that method would work. I knew I saw it in the Wiki, but did not remember how it was listed. Our Wiki search feature is very poor. You have to practically spoon feed it redirects to get it to recognize elements in an article are suitable to display in a search result. :(
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Congrats!

Have you seriously munched 1,380 MILES of newly added roads??? I see you are one of the earliest editors to join. Maybe the entire continent was all cookie munching roads in the beginning? :lol:
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
andrewfatcat wrote:Do I have to ask to become a country manager to edit anywhere? I saw my level and cones changing but I am still only able to edit in my area........
I just moved to Level 6 (4) myself and requested the level upgrade through support. I then separately requested CM status and received that a few days later.

After receiving my confirmation email, at first I thought I did not actually have CM status because my "editable area" layer showed it was still limited. I did not realize CM status does not (for me at least) change your editable area layer, so I just turned it off and have no problem anywhere that was restricted in the past.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
mrgrumpy wrote:I thought the cones updated automatically, but actual CM status had to be requested.

Anyway, request is in, wait and see.
yes you need to request the cone change too.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message