Nil Points

Post by shollow100
First post here, please be kind...

Just wondering if there are still issues regarding point updates. I'm now a Waze "Grown Up" but after a week my Scoreboard (and Dashboard) are still showing zero. I also want to contribute using the map editor adding road names etc but all of the options are greyed out - presumably because the system doesn't think I have any points yet.

Any ideas? Or am I just being thick and missing something completely obvious.

Thanks
shollow100

POSTER_ID:4269278

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Even on the North America server the points are not updating again. :roll:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Spil wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Even on the North America server the points are not updating again. :roll:
Actually, NA points/ranks just updated this evening :D
Yep, finally after 6 days of not moving at all, and after we asked that it be fixed. It's still 3 days behind. All processes operating normally on the NA servers means points are updated multiple times per day and map edits are available on the app in 24hrs.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by dmcconachie
Then your next source of info is http://status.waze.com and look for the Intl server! :)

Welcome to waze!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
shollow100 wrote:Gotcha, thanks for the replies, guess I need to learn to be a bit more patient. Will give it a week & see if anything's changed.
There are a number of software re-writes currently being and waiting to be applied, things will quicken up eventually.
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
liyuncca wrote:My dashboard shows my recent drive, but my point didn't update yet, guess should wait for a week
yeah they will usually show on your dashboard first and then the merge process which calculates your points end editable areas will run. Sometimes the delay between the two is too short to even notice. When there are delays it becomes a little more obvious.
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
In the days after the Amazon-crash a red box would show on the Dashboard, stating that pointcalculations were not up to date, patience was needed. It probably saved a lot of traffic on the forum. And for every wazer that asks about his score in the forum there are thousands that do not get that far but simply assume the darn Waze does not "work". That red box would reach them too.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by jasonh300
Spil wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Even on the North America server the points are not updating again. :roll:
Actually, NA points/ranks just updated this evening :D ... I've moved up to #113 overall, and am only around 15000 points from taking the #2 slot in my state! Time to head to the editor now to get more points! (Um, I mean, "to fix more problems for the greater good of all New York Wazers" ... yeah, that's it! ;))
Right behind you.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by liyuncca
My dashboard shows my recent drive, but my point didn't update yet, guess should wait for a week
liyuncca
Send a message

Post by shollow100
Blimey, that was quick!

Sorry, should have mentioned that I'm in the UK, my Dashboard (accessed via http://world.waze.com) is showing zero.
shollow100
Send a message