Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Only 347 points this week?

Post by hemi4cs
So I normally drive 750 pointsish each day. Here it is wednesday and it still says I have only 300 points. What's going on. All my trips are logged. Its just not giving me the points. I am competitive in nature so that's what makes this fun for me. If it don't get my points I will just go back to trapster as its easier. Anyone have any idea whats going on?
hemi4cs

POSTER_ID:3891761

Send a message

Post by Aanorn
I listen to audio books everyday. How does waze stop you from doing that? Do you really need to bluetooth to hear the navigation? At least that's what I'm assuming the problem is.
Aanorn
Send a message

Post by Aanorn
Oh, my bad. I wasn't even thinking of the books being on the phone. Mine are all cd's. I found it to be a pain having them on my phone.
Aanorn
Send a message

Post by Aanorn
gettingthere wrote:
aanorn wrote:Mine are all cd's. I found it to be a pain having them on my phone.
Welcome to the 20th century! You know you can call other people on that phone and hear their voice?

Just having fun. Don't take me seriously :)
Lol yeah, yeah. I don't know what I was thinking about.
Aanorn
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
hemi4cs wrote:If it don't get my points I will just go back to trapster as its easier.
Isn't trapster just a single function? For only speed traps, that's just a very small portion of what Waze does. You can't update the trapster maps (navteq, right?) and that's a way to get way more points in Waze, by being a map editor.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by gettingthere
aanorn wrote:Mine are all cd's. I found it to be a pain having them on my phone.
Welcome to the 20th century! You know you can call other people on that phone and hear their voice?

gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
Spil wrote:It would be nice if there was an option to run Waze entirely from the onboard memory chip instead of having to access the SD card for map data ... but that's just wishful thinking. :?
There is. It's called iPhone !
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by hemi4cs
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
hemi4cs wrote:If it don't get my points I will just go back to trapster as its easier.
Isn't trapster just a single function? For only speed traps, that's just a very small portion of what Waze does. You can't update the trapster maps (navteq, right?) and that's a way to get way more points in Waze, by being a map editor.
Trapster may be single function but to me waze is a game. There is absolutely no way I would put forth this much effort without some sort of reward. I drive so I want the reward. Call me selfish but waze takes time away from my audio books. Trapster is mindless. All my concentration goes to the road and books.
hemi4cs
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
There has been a problem with some of the scoring. I had a shortage in mileage yesterday also.

Don't worry, in the past, all of the missing scoreboard info eventually got to the scoreboard. It's probably just delayed while they work on whatever the problem is.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
gettingthere wrote:Welcome to the 20th century! You know you can call other people on that phone and hear their voice?

Hey now...until about 6 months ago, I had never used a cell phone for anything other than making a call. In the 90s, I was 10 years ahead of everybody else...sometime around 2002, I froze in time and stopped keeping up. I have had a Facebook account since it's infancy, but when I joke about not knowing what Twitter is...I really DON'T understand Twitter.

I never really considered that someone might want to listen to music or audiobooks from their phone while simultaneously using Waze. I have no idea how that works because my car is not bluetooth ready and has no aux jacks on the stereo.

I actually used to use a cassette to minijack adapter plugged into an 8-track to cassette adapter to listen to a portable CD player in my '75 Chrysler.

BTW, the 20th Century ended almost 11 years ago! :lol:
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message