Waze state association

Post by flymedic
How is the state assigned to users? I live in West Virginia, but it has me listed as Virginia. Is it based on where you drive the most? I drive in both states.
flymedic

POSTER_ID:2676959

Send a message

Post by flymedic
I found the answer. Have to email alpha@waze.com and have them set your home state if you travel multiple states.
flymedic
Send a message

Post by flymedic
Thanks!
flymedic
Send a message

Post by flymedic
fvwazing wrote:
flymedic wrote:I found the answer. Have to email alpha@waze.com and have them set your home state if you travel multiple states.
Where did you find that outdated reference to alpha? Was it in an old thread in the forum or somewhere else?
Actually it was from the Wiki link on the support page.

"How do I change my home state or country?
The scoreboard allows you to compete for points against other wazers in your state or country. Waze automatically matches you to the state or country based on where you have earned the most points in the last week. If you travel several states a lot, email alpha@waze.com to have them lock your home state."

http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ# ... country.3F
flymedic
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
flymedic wrote:I found the answer. Have to email alpha@waze.com and have them set your home state if you travel multiple states.
Where did you find that outdated reference to alpha? Was it in an old thread in the forum or somewhere else?
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by gettingthere
Email to alpha no longer will be responded to. You need to open a support case:

www.waze.com/support
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
Likely in the forum. So much for the thinking that searching the forum is always the best option to get information vs asking again...
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico