Points/score not updating (November 2017-December 2018 sessi

Post by
This is the thread where we will re-group all usual/regular complaints from people who worry about their points from November 2017 until December 2018. For reference, here are the links to the previous threads that had the same purpose:
Previous threadsMonthsPagesPosts=↑↓
Points/score not updating (July-October 2017 session)415↓-30
Points/score not updating (March-June 2017 session)4438↓-8
Points/score not updating festival (Nov. 2016 - Feb. 2017)4546↓-32
Points/score not updating (September-October 2016 session)2878↑+35
Points/score not updating (July-August 2016 session)2543↓-46
Points/score not updating (May-June 2016 session)2989↓-134
Points/score not updating (March-April 2016 session)223223-
I used to do these every two months, then I switched to every four months, and seeing that there has been a significant decrease in the amount of posts we get about this issue, this new thread will be kept for all of 2018. Thanks everyone for reading more and posting/panicking less :)

We know that there will always be people who will not read anything and ask/complain/panic etc... But for the others, here's what you need to know:
  • The Google help pages for Waze answer most questions already.
  • People on this forum are community members (more or less users like you), not staff or technicians who can access the Waze databases to check or fix anything.
  • Showing you are frustrated, writing in CAPS things like "FIX IT NOW!!!" or threatening to uninstall is useless here. Why? Read the second thing to keep in mind again.
  • If your problem is that points are not updating, they are not lost. (don't panic)
  • If your problem is that they haven't updated in less than 1 week = a usual server delay. Just wait a little more. There is really no need to make a post here to report it either.
  • If your problem is that they haven't updated in less than 2 weeks = a less-usual but still common server delay. Just wait a little more.
  • If your problem is that they haven't updated in less than 3 weeks = still a server delay. This happens more rarely but is not unheard of. No need to start a panic.
  • If your problem is that they haven't updated in more than 3 weeks. We suggest you contact Waze staff* to look into it, telling us about it or being angry at us is completely useless, why? Read the second thing to keep in mind again.
  • *Using the link I shared just above sooner than what is advised will most likely get you a canned response from staff telling you to wait also, so unless you like canned responses, wait before you use that method.
  • If we are between November and January or around the summer disregard what is written above as during the holidays it is very common to have delays (much) longer than 3 weeks, because many more people are on the road for longer drives than the usual home-work-home routine. With everyone going to see family far away or traveling globally, Waze servers are usually overloaded. By the end of these times everything is usually back to normal and, yes - points do catch up and, no - points are not lost.
If you still have any other questions which are not covered in the list above, feel free to ask ;)

Also make sure you are not asking something which should have its own separate thread or that would be covered in one of the other stickied threads of this forum:
Points showing as negative or back to zero
Drives not showing up / Missing Drives
Baby Wazer status?

As always, please read and follow the Waze Community Communications Guidelines, General forum guidelines and the Forum Etiquette. In addition avoid doing the following:
  • Post or reply with a panic-filled message about how we're all doomed and points are lost, and we're all going to die, it's the end of the world etc...
    - Spare yourself from sounding ridiculous and paranoid over points in a smartphone App, because again: No, points are not lost. Those who tried to start a mass-panic before were always proven wrong in the end and their points ended up showing up sooner or later.
  • Post daily counts of how many days it has been since the last update
    - We all know how to count and don't need someone to post one message per day to know it's been 24h. That will be considered as useless spamming.

POSTER_ID:14731619

Send a message

Post by adam_araujo
I'm also having problems. My points have not been updating for more than 7 days, but looking at the scoreboard I see that the points of my friends are rising, but mine are not. Looking at the map editor I see that waze is not recording my routes. what do I do?
adam_araujo
Send a message

Post by adam_araujo
vince1612 wrote:Delays of more than 7 days are still a common thing. But if your drives are not recorded that can also be a reason why. For drives to register properly you must have an active Internet connection on your device during your trip.

If you do, you might want to contact support through the Waze help pages:
https://support.google.com/waze/answer/ ... ic=6262587

It's also not impossible that you're just facing the same issue as others here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=168327&start=370
But in this case all you can do is wait some more, re-installing etc.. will not change anything.
Yes, I have an active internet connection. I tried in 2 different phones, android and iOS, 2 different cellular opperators, but nothing.. I re-installed, but nothing :(
adam_araujo
Send a message

Post by awh_tokyo
vince1612 wrote:
MommyLizzy29 wrote:my point remains at 0 tho i hv travelled nearly 800km yesterday :cry:
That would be a problem if https://www.waze.com/dashboard showed account stats had been updated between yesterday and today, but it says this:
Last Updated 13 days ago
Where? Mine certainly doesn't say anything of the sort.
awh_tokyo
Send a message

Post by baksalifestyle
Hello, I was been register 2 years with my old acc when I noticed that my acc dont counting my point and rank. I deleted that acc and created new one "taxi-tomo" and I have the same problem. My point still after mount a go is still 0. Can someone help with my poins... tnx
baksalifestyle
Send a message
Attachments

baksalifestyle
Send a message

Post by bart99gt
RatBatBlue wrote:
Matty760 wrote:Last points update was on Jul 26th... its bee over 3 weeks now. I know theres delays sometimes and etc but over 3 weeks? whats the delay for? Whats causing the delay to be sooooo long? wish they would update us with why theres a delay and ETR for when it will be fixed etc. Anyone else wish there was this info?
The point system updates are down more than they are up...really they should do away with the points if it can't be more reliable that that...it gets worse and worse every month.
Have to agree there. Not much sense in having them if they aren't going to update at least weekly. 5 years ago it was very uncommon for them to miss more than a day or two.
bart99gt
Send a message
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM

Post by bat0nas
According to https://status.waze.com/ there's a INTL Delay since Jul 28, 2018 03:02. So it's almost 1.5 month since last update.

Is this normal?

I use Waze app not for points. But for traffic info (mostly Hazards etc.). But still interested what happened with points.

Thanks.
bat0nas
Send a message

Post by bat0nas
jm6087 wrote:
bat0nas wrote:According to https://status.waze.com/ there's a INTL Delay since Jul 28, 2018 03:02. So it's almost 1.5 month since last update.

Is this normal?

Thanks.
It is not uncommon for there to be a delay. It is rare that the delay is this long. Staff is aware of the delay and are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
Do we know what's the issue?
Have they confirmed that they are working on it "as quick as possible"? (one month doesn't sound very quick)
bat0nas
Send a message

Post by BlacktopGames
Before you reply with, "Just be patient......." I have been stuck on a rank of 162 with points of 924,032 for over 2 months. I know that Waze is not updated all the time but I seem stuck. My state rank stays at 13,743 with 11,340 weekly points. Have I somehow been forgotten? I drive for Uber and Lyft just about everyday but somehow about 2 months ago my account has stopped updating. Help!
BlacktopGames
Send a message

Post by ChrisHevey
I have been using Waze for about a month (after about five years off!) and have made a few long journeys, but my all time total point is stuck at zero. Is that normal? Does anyone know how to contact support? How to do that seems well hidden!

The app is recording achievements though, indicating X points for each, and i did upgrade from baby wazer ok
ChrisHevey
Send a message