Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by ShelbyLA1022
Sometime in the last couple of weeks my Waze ranking changed from 79,000 or less to zero. I still have 185,000 points but my rank is now zero. I haven’t received any notification regarding this so I’m not really sure what happened. Is anyone else experiencing anything similar? Is there any recourse to getting rank back?
ShelbyLA1022
Send a message

Post by SJRabinowitz
vince1612 wrote:
flordagirl wrote:I'm having a similar issue; my rank just changed to 0 although I have over 20,000 points!!
Did you report a lot of things on the App lately? When the points remain but the rank shifts to 0 that usually means you've been automatically flagged for too many reports (possible spamming).
If that's the case your actual rank will be back in 24h. The first flag is a 24h at rank 0 penalty, the second is 7 days and the third flag gets you 30 days at rank 0.

See here: https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6271016?hl=en
Follow-up question: How do I know if the "rank 0 penalty" what was what happened in my own case? My own rank suddenly went to zero, but there was no explanation, nothing in my email, no messages from the Waze app itself, no warnings. Nothing at all. I did have some difficulty getting Waze voice commands to work, and I was going through some trial and error with the app configuration, but that shouldn't have generated any spurious reports. Typically, I only average 3-4 reports for an entire week (400-500 miles), so what exactly constitutes too many reports? Not only that, but it's been at rank 0 for about a week so far, suggesting a "subsequent offense," but if so, why was I not notified of the first one...?

As late as today, I was actually prompted to send reports when I was in the middle of traffic, while yet at "rank 0." That seems the opposite of being told I'm reporting too much! --SJR
SJRabinowitz
Send a message

SJRabinowitz
Send a message

Post by SJRabinowitz
The link is extremely useful. Thank you.

But you gotta understand, when I originally searched on the "rank 0" issue, I didn't get the above link, but instead, I reach a discussion about how someone could get a "rank 0" for spamming. I think this was true even when searching for help from within Waze itself. The answer wasn't that obvious. --SJR
SJRabinowitz
Send a message

Post by sledutah
I'm in the opposite category. I was wondering what happened to the points/rankings. I went from 14th to 3rd in my state in the last few days. No point change. I'm not complaining, but someone might be wondering how they dissapeared off the state rankings.
sledutah
Send a message

Post by Steelchill
I've noticed a lot of Wazers have disappeared off the leaderboards myself included. My rank now says 0 and I'm not getting any points daily. Is there a reason for this?
Steelchill
Send a message

Post by TrumpBuildTheWall
I never even had a clue about ranking until my grandson said something about it. When he showed me my ranking was zero but the functionality of the app still worked. Don't really care about the points but there seems to be some type of issue. From what I have read, if WAZE puts you in the penalty box they don't tell you. So much for customer service.
TrumpBuildTheWall
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
Yes, others are seeing this. Give it time and all of your points should come back.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by vince1612
flordagirl wrote:I'm having a similar issue; my rank just changed to 0 although I have over 20,000 points!!
Did you report a lot of things on the App lately? When the points remain but the rank shifts to 0 that usually means you've been automatically flagged for too many reports (possible spamming).
If that's the case your actual rank will be back in 24h. The first flag is a 24h at rank 0 penalty, the second is 7 days and the third flag gets you 30 days at rank 0.

See here: https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6271016?hl=en
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by vince1612
SJRabinowitz wrote:Follow-up question: How do I know if the "rank 0 penalty" what was what happened in my own case? My own rank suddenly went to zero, but there was no explanation, nothing in my email, no messages from the Waze app itself, no warnings. Nothing at all. I did have some difficulty getting Waze voice commands to work, and I was going through some trial and error with the app configuration, but that shouldn't have generated any spurious reports. Typically, I only average 3-4 reports for an entire week (400-500 miles), so what exactly constitutes too many reports? Not only that, but it's been at rank 0 for about a week so far, suggesting a "subsequent offense," but if so, why was I not notified of the first one...?

As late as today, I was actually prompted to send reports when I was in the middle of traffic, while yet at "rank 0." That seems the opposite of being told I'm reporting too much! --SJR
Please wait at least 7 full days to see if the weekly update restores things to how they were before. This is not handled or updated in real-time, if hiccups happen that are not related to a flag for massive reports, all you can do is wait. We cannot do anything to help or speed up the process.

EDIT: I've noticed this same issue was reported all over the place so I took all similar posts and merged them into this new thread to keep everyone on the same page and to avoid having to repeat things multiple times over multiple threads.

Also take note of RussPA's answer:
RussPA wrote:There may be an old user purge going on. This is affecting the points and ranking system, but it will all catch up soon, you may not see your points change but they are still accumulating. This happens every now and then and always sorts itself out.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png