Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by jnbastoky
I was disappointed to see that disappear too. Also, you can no longer see your level progress—only your current level.
jnbastoky
Send a message

Post by kildon
Yes, points to next level is one of the primary incentives for keeping Waze running (and sometimes even using it at all) for me, and I imagine for a lot of people. I really hope they bring that back soon, and I appreciate the GCs communicating all of these concerns back to HQ.
kildon
Send a message

Post by Kontenkrabber
Why they changed it before implementing the whole "planned modification" thing is something i cannot comprehend. They removed one of the most important feature, which made a lot of users return. And which made driving in my terrible coconut van, which is worse than a garbage can with 2 wheels, more fun. I'm sure the function will be brought back but the questions remain, why did they remove it instead of implementing the social update completely and when will the social part of Waze return?
Kontenkrabber
Send a message

Post by MichaelCarreiro
I was wondering what is going on with the points and ranking system. I noticed last night that it has completely been overhauled.

- I no longer see my FB friends on there nor their points (weekly or total)

- I no longer see my accumulated weekly points

- I only see my total global points and my over all rank.

- I see weekly points standings. However the points are for strangers. People who are so far ahead of me in weekly points that I am not even on the list. I generally get about 1000-1500 points in a week. The people on the list are upwards of 7500+. In all honesty i don't care to see the points of strangers, let alone people who are so far ahead of me as to be pointless.

The new layout and system is totally useless and irrelevant. I know the purpose of Waze is navigation, but as it had a decent points system that had been in place for years, why make such a drastic and useless change?

Why was this system changed? Will it be tweaked to be more useful? or better yet bring back the old way of going things.

Instead of making the change they did, they should work on having the daily points calculate quicker. Often it takes 48 hours for points to show up and at times there are no changes for a week. The points seem to reset in the middle of the week instead of a Sunday or Monday.

Sorry for my rant. Just frustrated.
MichaelCarreiro
Send a message

Post by MichaelCarreiro
Has there been any news whether or not the points of your friends will come back? All i see are points of strangers. They must also be truckers because i often see the top ranking drivers having points between 150,000-400,000 (weekly) and over 9,000,000 (all time). I cannot see how a normal driver can get anywhere near that many points short of living in the vehicle. For me it makes the whole points system completely useless. I am lucky if i have 2000-4000 points in a week. So naturally i am always at the bottom of the list. While it is not a competition, it is always nice too be able to challenge friends or at least see how you are doing.
MichaelCarreiro
Send a message

Post by n4dog
MichaelCarreiro wrote:Has there been any news whether or not the points of your friends will come back? All i see are points of strangers. They must also be truckers because i often see the top ranking drivers having points between 150,000-400,000 (weekly) and over 9,000,000 (all time). I cannot see how a normal driver can get anywhere near that many points short of living in the vehicle. For me it makes the whole points system completely useless. I am lucky if i have 2000-4000 points in a week. So naturally i am always at the bottom of the list. While it is not a competition, it is always nice too be able to challenge friends or at least see how you are doing.
A lot of those at the top are us that edit. It will really hard to catch up with TxEMT. The points are just for fun. I hope they will get the friends list updated to show them. Thanks for using the app and enjoy. Here are you edit stats https://www.waze.com/user/editor/MichaelCarreiro
n4dog  
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Griff - N4DOG
Alabama State Manager

Post by NoService13
Recently Waze changed the scoreboard and only shows "everybody" and not facebook friends. Ive signed in and out of Waze, made sure the Waze and Facebook were linked, be still nothing. This is one of the fun things about Waze; seeing all the travel points my facebook friends score. Any help?
NoService13
Send a message

Post by RickyCafe
WallyGT06 wrote:hello @MichaelCarreiro, these changes are temporary, the truth is that Waze makes constant changes and improvements for the benefit of all.

you must have patience, wait for corrections and final changes, I'm sure you'll like the new platform as soon as it's available to all

Remember that constant change is part of life and for this reason, we recommend you to continue using WazeAPP and you will see many improvements in both navigation and interaction with the user
Please explain why we should believe this. If there is a programme of change then surely it makes sense to publish what is planned.

What is actually feels like, from my perspective as an 'end user' is that someone has goofed and part of the system has become broken. I notice as well that, in addition to the problems I, and others have already reported, my points have stopped updating.
RickyCafe
Send a message

Post by RickyCafe
So some progress which is great, points required for next level is still missing.
RickyCafe
Send a message

Post by RickyCafe
RickyCafe wrote:So some progress which is great, points required for next level is still missing.
So any idea when those in the ivory towers will tell us whether this feature is coming back or not?
RickyCafe
Send a message