Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Catchall thread for discussion of missing points and drives

Post by wimdelange
While I was keeping stats on my dashboard statistics I noticed that the number of Driving Alerts is not increasing since 4 October, while I did register several driving alerts.
Other statistics are changing and I'm on the correct server :)
wimdelange

POSTER_ID:7236743

Send a message
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
HTC Sensation Android 4.0.1
Waze beta 3.5.1.904

Post by wimdelange
The driving alerts today jumped up without driving any kilometers :shock: . I assume that the problem has now been solved. :D Thanks.
wimdelange
Send a message
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
Waze beta 3.5.1.904

Post by wimdelange
AndyPoms wrote:Have the drives you made those reports during processed yet? (i.e. show up under Drives in the editor)
Forgot to check, but as I expected (the driving points are there and the kilometers) the drives are there in the editor. 3, 4 and 5 October.
The morning drive from yesterday is missing and there is a one minute drive in the evening, while I was at house? So there are strange things going on. Normally I have a 30 km drive in the morning 7:00 and in the afternoon around 16:30.
I'm using the latest beta, maybe that has something to do with it? On Android 4 HTC Sensation.
wimdelange
Send a message
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
Waze beta 3.5.1.904

Post by WeeeZer14
Missing points are hidden somewhere on the map. You have to drive around to find them ;)
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by WayzNut
taddison1 wrote:Status page now acknowledges 7 days of backlog on uploading NA driving sessions...
Glad you posted that.... I was about to complain that none of my trips have been updated since 10/10/2012... I wish they would give updates on the status page a little more often, but what can we do? :(
WayzNut
Send a message
Area Manager: Salt Lake/Utah Counties, Utah

Post by WayzNut
glosapp wrote:So I'm a bit concerned as I've driven a ton of miles throughout this week (starting Monday) and it's now on the eve of Sunday and my driving has not been recorded on the live map. Also, I've probably edited about a thousand points on the live map but it still only says I've edited a handful.

Is it normal to wait for a week to see updates? Should I still hang tight or is there something I'm not doing right here?
I second what glosapp said. None of my trips this week have shown up. I drive about 75+ miles daily, done a lot of map updates/fixes and none of anything for the past week have shown up. My dashboard says 155 miles total.... Last sunday I made a 200+ mile trip... nothing... hoping it will show up soon.
WayzNut
Send a message
Area Manager: Salt Lake/Utah Counties, Utah

Post by usa_8ftgkaos
I've registered last week, I can see my points which are ~1.3k now, however I have yet to see any of my drives show up in the editor or the dashboard.

For the later support says it is intended, but in the case of the former, I'm at a loss here, I just can't figure out why I can't see my drives.
usa_8ftgkaos
Send a message

Post by unicycleDavid
In my limited experience (under two months), I've noticed that Waze normally updates around 11:45 pm EST. It hasn't been updated since Friday evening, however.
unicycleDavid
Send a message

Post by Truck10
CrackedLCD wrote:As a last resort did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your phone?

Seems like since I did that, it's been logging my drives within a day or two. You will start over as a baby wazer until everything syncs, so don't freak out if you do give it a try.
Yep. I did that twice. No luck with that... Oh and BTW I know I said I was deleting the app, giving it a 1 star review, and deleting my account. Well 2 of the 3 has happened. Guess which one I'm still trying to get done? Great job again Waze. I'll be sending yet another message to the support as it says to do in attempts to get my account deleted. All I got the 1st time was these same stupid excuses about points being backed up:

The reason you have not seen your points, is because of an unusual backlog in our servers that we're working on fixing.
Please note that the maps in Waze are generated by users, and not by Waze itself, so an area without many active users will need "developing", and that process can take some time.
We're really sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our service and can only assure you that in a short time, the points issue will corrected, and as the community of users in your area grows - the maps will improve considerably.
If you still wish to have your account deleted, please let us know and we will do so.

I've heard this enough times. So I'm off to send another please delete my account request. If it's not done this time I guess I'll just have an account here in limbo. I'm never using it again anyway... Completely and well beyond frustrated and annoyed now...
Truck10
Send a message