Catchall thread for discussion of missing points and drives

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Catchall thread for discussion of missing points and dri

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:08 am

brianc121569 wrote:I'm only 2 weeks on Waze. Points update once a week, when the points update it's wrong. While driving, every half mile people have reported hazards when there are none. Beginning to feel its a waste of time

Until 2 weeks ago, points were updating at least daily. Just because you think the points are wrong, doesn't mean they are. You'd have to open a support ticket and be very specific about how many points of what type are missing.

Just because they aren't a hazard when you get there doesn't mean it wasn't a hazard when someone posted it. Check out the time and see how long ago it was posted. Some people, because you get these super awesome points, will post hazards which do not exist.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby brianc121569 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:49 pm

I'm only 2 weeks on Waze. Points update once a week, when the points update it's wrong. While driving, every half mile people have reported hazards when there are none. Beginning to feel its a waste of time
brianc121569

Postby darkrider42 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:41 pm

My guess is that there is a pretty massive backlog of drives to be updated yet. Rhey'll get there eventually.
darkrider42

Postby mattlach » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:35 pm

Status page says that the updating issue is resolved.

Personally my dashboard updated this morning, but my long drives from last weekend are still missing :(
mattlach

Postby darkrider42 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:03 pm

Updates and info are starting to trickle in now! I can see most stuff on My Dashboard now! :)
darkrider42

Postby pcoventry » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:58 pm

I just did a 20 mile drive and mine updated in minutes. It must be the amount of miles vs the amount of time to update?

My app says 201 points but my dashboard says 11 - but I am not bothered i use the app more (obviously)
pcoventry

Postby Daknife » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:33 am

Did you even look at the link Jason shared WayzeNut. Your points will come once they fix the problem that they are well aware of.
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby WayzNut » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:11 am

glosapp wrote:So I'm a bit concerned as I've driven a ton of miles throughout this week (starting Monday) and it's now on the eve of Sunday and my driving has not been recorded on the live map. Also, I've probably edited about a thousand points on the live map but it still only says I've edited a handful.

Is it normal to wait for a week to see updates? Should I still hang tight or is there something I'm not doing right here?

I second what glosapp said. None of my trips this week have shown up. I drive about 75+ miles daily, done a lot of map updates/fixes and none of anything for the past week have shown up. My dashboard says 155 miles total.... Last sunday I made a 200+ mile trip... nothing... hoping it will show up soon.
WayzNut

Postby jasonh300 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:17 am

glosapp wrote:So I'm a bit concerned as I've driven a ton of miles throughout this week (starting Monday) and it's now on the eve of Sunday and my driving has not been recorded on the live map. Also, I've probably edited about a thousand points on the live map but it still only says I've edited a handful.

Is it normal to wait for a week to see updates? Should I still hang tight or is there something I'm not doing right here?

Please see viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23084
jasonh300

Postby glosapp » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:13 am

So I'm a bit concerned as I've driven a ton of miles throughout this week (starting Monday) and it's now on the eve of Sunday and my driving has not been recorded on the live map. Also, I've probably edited about a thousand points on the live map but it still only says I've edited a handful.

glosapp

PreviousNext

Return to Ranks and Points