Catchall thread for discussion of missing points and drives

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Catchall thread for discussion of missing points and dri

Postby enhket » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:06 am

please dont tell me it is broken again :?
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby Truck10 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:46 am

Well my patience is worn out. I'm now up to a whole 7 miles and 3 drives logged. Still none of the others. I don't want to hear the lame excuse that the reason my longer trips haven't shown yet (including the 2 out of state that have yet to show) is because of a backlog of info caused by a lot of new users or whatever it is that's being said this week. Most of my short drives aren't there either. Why is this only logging 1 drive a week? Any time I've gone anywhere since I noticed nothing is showing up I've purposely made sure the app is on and is running.

I've had enough. I said Waze had until this weekend to fix it and count everything and it doesn't look like it's happening. The app is being deleted now and I'm sending the email to delete my account. If this is the way things are going to work you can keep your backlogs and your maps that are horribly wrong that I was going to update. I hope everybody has fun waiting for all your stuff to finally show up. 1 star rating for your app and no way will I ever recommend the service to anybody I know. I'm done!!! :evil:
Truck10

Postby CrackedLCD » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:50 am

As a last resort did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your phone?

Seems like since I did that, it's been logging my drives within a day or two. You will start over as a baby wazer until everything syncs, so don't freak out if you do give it a try.
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

Moto Droid Turbo (Android 5.1) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby btrials » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:37 am

Missing points = in a black hole :lol: If anything it's been transferred to the parallel universe :twisted:
btrials Area Manager Southern New Hampshire
Galaxy SIII Rooted Bel RX65 RadioScanner
btrials

Postby weeezer14 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Missing points are hidden somewhere on the map. You have to drive around to find them ;)
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
weeezer14

Postby Daknife » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:46 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby pcoventry » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:23 am

Oooh so that's what the pacman animation is all about lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
pcoventry

Postby Truck10 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:13 pm

CrackedLCD wrote:As a last resort did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your phone?

Seems like since I did that, it's been logging my drives within a day or two. You will start over as a baby wazer until everything syncs, so don't freak out if you do give it a try.

Yep. I did that twice. No luck with that... Oh and BTW I know I said I was deleting the app, giving it a 1 star review, and deleting my account. Well 2 of the 3 has happened. Guess which one I'm still trying to get done? Great job again Waze. I'll be sending yet another message to the support as it says to do in attempts to get my account deleted. All I got the 1st time was these same stupid excuses about points being backed up:

The reason you have not seen your points, is because of an unusual backlog in our servers that we're working on fixing.
Please note that the maps in Waze are generated by users, and not by Waze itself, so an area without many active users will need "developing", and that process can take some time.
We're really sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our service and can only assure you that in a short time, the points issue will corrected, and as the community of users in your area grows - the maps will improve considerably.
If you still wish to have your account deleted, please let us know and we will do so.

I've heard this enough times. So I'm off to send another please delete my account request. If it's not done this time I guess I'll just have an account here in limbo. I'm never using it again anyway... Completely and well beyond frustrated and annoyed now...
Truck10

Postby btrials » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:54 pm

I remember few years ago it was worse. Waze wouldn't even track the road that I was on or jump to another road parallel (it wasn't that close).

I don't know, part of me thinks that lost points are gone forever even if they get back some of it.
btrials Area Manager Southern New Hampshire
Galaxy SIII Rooted Bel RX65 RadioScanner
btrials

Postby mjjsmom » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:34 pm

I am not sure how this all works... but I noticed on my dashboard that it has me up to 280 miles... with a 110 mile commute a day and I work 4 days out of the week- this seems a little bit off? Am I figuring wrong? I am new to waze...
mjjsmom

PreviousNext

Return to Ranks and Points