What is "Ranking" related to?

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: What is "Ranking" related to?

Postby kurros » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:19 am

On the waze.com dashboard and the ticker in the mobile app it is all users in USA & Canada. There is a scoreboard (in the iPhone app at least, should be on other platforms at waze.com eventually) that can further break it down by state and weekly rankings.

The community is still very young, and many of the accounts (unfortunatly probably a majority) are used once and never again by people expecting a TomTom style navigation application right off the bat.

Also keep in mind certain contributions score higher than others. Someone just downloading and starting out in a well established area would earn points slower than someone in a fledgling area where there is more unverified road to munch and cookies to pick up.
Area Manager - Walt Disney World Resort and neighbors
Area Manager - Central Polk County, Florida (Winter Haven, Lakeland, Bartow, Auburndale)
kurros

Postby syntor » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:22 am

If you look at scoreboard on iPhone, the rank is for your state (all time). Like the other post, you can look at your numbers (for the week by default) for nation and state..

That's about all I have figured out so far, as I have only had and been using Waze for about 3 weeks now. Hope that helps...
syntor

What is "Ranking" related to?

Postby timmyjoe42 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Currently I'm ranked 8,586. What is this related to? State, Country, Planet?

I find it hard to believe that I've been using this for less than 2 weeks, have racked up only 220 miles and am this high in the rankings.
Area: Cincinnati, OH
Phone: Android 1.5 - Motorola Cliq
timmyjoe42

Postby timmyjoe42 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Cool. I enjoy munching and I guess the Cincinnati area hasn't been covered too well yet. I am happy to contribute and help make my and everyone's experiences better.

I drove to Dayton and back yesterday and jumped 2700 spaces.
Area: Cincinnati, OH
Phone: Android 1.5 - Motorola Cliq
timmyjoe42

Return to Ranks and Points