Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by DonJ2
I just made it to 1,000,000 points, so I can imagine how much hard work you've put in to get to 2,000,000. Congratulations, Alan. :)
DonJ2
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Area Manager: Florida - Brevard, Lake, Osceola, Orange, Seminole, Volusia
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Verizon - Android 4.4.2

Post by GizmoGuy411
Congrats Alan!

Too bad that you don't get points for helping people on the forums, or you would be ahead of mapcat by now!
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. based Global Champ Emeritus
U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
U.S. Great Lakes ARC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
(and past GLR RC)
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Google Pixel XL3 & iPad "3"

Post by harling
SKYFLYGUY wrote:I wonder how does some one gets such points from???
Hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of dedicated map editing.

And many of these were done on Cartouche, the previous map editor that allowed one edit & one save at a time: Change a segment's geometry, save (pause). Change a segment's name, save (pause). Change the next segment's name, save (pause). Add a new segment, save (pause). Add a junction to connect it to another road, save (pause). For me, those pauses could be up to ten seconds each when the system was working normally, thirty seconds when it was particularly busy, or a couple minutes when something was broken.

So if you wonder where the attention to detail comes from, now you know.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by HavanaDay
My semi-belated congrats to you Alan. I would have posted yesterday but I was just too busy trying to catch you. :) If you ever get bored with the small stuff, like I do every once in a while, go to Miami, FL. Not really many editors down (I know of one active local editor) there and seems to be a lot of "non local" stuff that can be fixed. It is where I go when I want to take a break from the mundane.

Again congrats.
HavanaDay
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by jasonh300
Alright Alan, time to catch me again!
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I love the text in that ad. Update to 512KB of "user memory"!? What can't I do with that!
I remember paying about $200 to upgrade from 256 KB to 1 MEG! That enabled me to load the entire MS-DOS operating system into a RAMDISK so that my computer would go faster. Once I did that, I could run at the full 10 MHz processor speed and not have to wait for the slow hard drive response time.

I actually caught hell from a couple of jealous local BBS SysOps when I bought a 14.4k modem, even though CompuServ was the only thing I could connect to that worked at higher than 2400, and that required dialing a special 1-800 number, rather than the local server.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
youncs wrote:I used to play MUD games on a 14.4k back in '94
MajorMUD?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
youncs wrote:You are always responsive on the forum and possess a generally pleasant disposition.
Guess you've never opened a new thread to inquire about points. :lol:
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
Congrats, you monster.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message