Many users with names like world_xxxxxxxx

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Many users with names like world_xxxxxxxx

Postby DCA1982 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:37 pm

davipt wrote:If you used facebook, try the following:
- remove the app
- reinstall the app
- on start, click on login and then login with Facebook
- double check it's your account on wazer->my wazer -> age of your account for example
- follow the faq instructions: settings->waze account-> register -> enter new username, pass, nickname and the email address, which can be the one from Facebook, of if you get an error, any other email.
- login into the client with that username
- on the forum, click on the footer on the "clear all cookies" and login with the new account.

The trick is to start from scratch, login with Facebook to regain the world_account, and *then* create the real account.

I can confirm that the above steps worked for me too - I have managed to "convert" my world_ username into a proper one :)

Thanks davipt!
DCA1982

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:59 pm

Sweo wrote:I seem to have lost my forum history, but my drive and map editing history are still there!

Yay! It can really be done.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Sweo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:46 am

AndyPoms wrote:There is a little section with a link specifically for world_ & usa_ username changes, that I'm betting you didn't see.

A section other than the "Settings - Acount & Login - Username & Password" method?

Well, the trick was to reinstall the App.

I seem to have lost my forum history, but my drive and map editing history are still there!

/Sweo
Sweo

Postby Sweo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:36 am

davipt wrote:
world_b85zy5cs wrote:Hi

I can confirm that it's, at the moment, impossible for me to change my username to a proper one without loosing my current points.

I'm now on world_b85zy5cs, I would like Sweo, which I use as nick.

When I first installed the app, I connected via Facebook which caused Waze to create this temporary username for me.

If you used facebook, try the following:
- remove the app
- reinstall the app
- double check it's your account on wazer->my wazer -> age of your account for example
- follow the faq instructions: settings->waze account-> register -> enter new username, pass, nickname and the email address, which can be the one from Facebook, of if you get an error, any other email.
- on the forum, click on the footer on the "clear all cookies" and login with the new account.

The trick is to start from scratch, login with Facebook to regain the world_account, and *then* create the real account.

Hey!
That was the trick!

This should be in the faq!
Sweo

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:32 am

world_b85zy5cs wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:

The instruction on the support site on how to create a username under settings - account & login - username & password isn't working for me since my world_**** username and password are already there.

Best regards.
Sverker.
Sweden

Go to http://world.waze.com/support and search "username" (without the quotes) and you should get instructions to change your temporary account to a full one. We've had a few reports of those instructions not working, but it is still worth trying.

Well, see my quote!

/S

There is a little section with a link specifically for world_ & usa_ username changes, that I'm betting you didn't see.
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby world_b85zy5cs » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:29 am

AndyPoms wrote:

The instruction on the support site on how to create a username under settings - account & login - username & password isn't working for me since my world_**** username and password are already there.

Best regards.
Sverker.
Sweden

Go to http://world.waze.com/support and search "username" (without the quotes) and you should get instructions to change your temporary account to a full one. We've had a few reports of those instructions not working, but it is still worth trying.

Well, see my quote!

/S
world_b85zy5cs

Postby davipt » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:09 am

I can confirm that it's, at the moment, impossible for me to change my username to a proper one without loosing my current points.

When I first installed the app, I connected via Facebook which caused Waze to create this temporary username for me.

If you used facebook, try the following:
- remove the app
- reinstall the app

davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:00 am

When I tried to register a proper name, Waze complained that the e-mail was already in use.

The only option I found at the time to log on to my dashboard etc. was to use the recover password function.
By doing so, Waze e-mailed me an automatically created password, which I could use to log on to the site, edit the map, etc..

To loose my accumulated points isn't appealing. But still, I would like the opportunity to become an area manager in the future.

I hope the people at Waze are working with this issue, making it possible to rename the account without deleting it.
-Can someone confirm?

Best regards.
Sverker.
Sweden

AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby world_b85zy5cs » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:46 am

Hi

When I tried to register a proper name, Waze complained that the e-mail was already in use.

The only option I found at the time to log on to my dashboard etc. was to use the recover password function.
By doing so, Waze e-mailed me an automatically created password, which I could use to log on to the site, edit the map, etc..

To loose my accumulated points isn't appealing. But still, I would like the opportunity to become an area manager in the future.

I hope the people at Waze are working with this issue, making it possible to rename the account without deleting it.
-Can someone confirm?

Best regards.
Sverker
Sweden
world_b85zy5cs

Postby davipt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:The username can't be changed on the /dashboard website since the migration to the new architecture. It was announced by waze.

The instructions for changing the temporary username really just involves creating a regular Waze account. No points should be lost as the facebook link keeps that intact.

We really need someone to verify this actually works before we state it can't be done. The only thing nanorep says is that a username cannot be changed, but that is different than the temporary account, supposedly.

We are definitively talking about different things, albeit with the same result at the end, so I'm gonna go and create a new thread with my specific case.

To terminate my "hijack" here, let me just clarify the following:
- the usage of waze without authentication is working perfectly (some glitches with facebook later, but that's another story)
- usa_xxx and world_xxx users climbing on the scoreboard, by driving and reporting stuff is great, that is the objective
- the process to create a proper account, as described on the support nanorep should be working

but

there are usa_xxx and world_xxx users accessing the forum and the editor, and now they seem to not know or be able to change their usernames anymore without loosing the points.

So I'm gonna expose this case now that I understand how it happens...
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Ranks and Points