Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Many users with names like world_xxxxxxxx

Post by juankx
Does somebody has noted how many users has similar names like world_xxxxxxxx? I'm from Costa Rica, when you search the weekly top users for this region you will always find many world_xxxxxxxx users. Are these real waze users or are they computer generated users that use some crack to earn points?

These are many users with cryptic similar names (like computer generated names), don't you think?
juankx
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:744233

Send a message

Post by blew43
Is there a way to change username and not loose all favourites and points if I Never used Facebook? Many thx
blew43
Send a message

Post by DCA1982
davipt wrote: If you used facebook, try the following:
- remove the app
- reinstall the app
- on start, click on login and then login with Facebook
- double check it's your account on wazer->my wazer -> age of your account for example
- follow the faq instructions: settings->waze account-> register -> enter new username, pass, nickname and the email address, which can be the one from Facebook, of if you get an error, any other email.
- login into the client with that username
- on the forum, click on the footer on the "clear all cookies" and login with the new account.

The trick is to start from scratch, login with Facebook to regain the world_account, and *then* create the real account.
I can confirm that the above steps worked for me too - I have managed to "convert" my world_ username into a proper one :)

Thanks davipt!
DCA1982
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The nanorep tool on the Support page has instructions on getting a real userid.

Tapatalk made me do it.
This should be a requirement in order to get AM rights. I saw a USA_ user on the AM layer the other day.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
world_5aeuq7zx wrote:Ok, I'm following the instructions, but I have a doubt:

"- follow the faq instructions: settings->waze account-> register -> enter new username, pass, nickname and the email address, which can be the one from Facebook, of if you get an error, any other email.
- login into the client with that username
- on the forum, click on the footer on the "clear all cookies" and login with the new account."

Ok, I logged in again with facebook then entered the new username, pass and nickname; but in the next step which account I have to use for logging in the forum and clear all cookies? The new one I just created or the oldie world one I had it??? I think in the final step I must use the new one, but in the previous step it is not crystal clear. Could you help me?

Thanks and regards.
Once you've gone through all the steps, you have to log into the editor and the forums using the new username/password. It *should* work.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by MichiganRoadRunner
YES folks -- you can change your Waze username.
It is explained in this Wiki at https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/FAQ (see #22)
It can only be done in the Waze app as far as I know but when you change it there it changes everywhere, including the forums and chat. And you do not lose any points, messages or anything else. I just did it and it works great.;)
MichiganRoadRunner
Send a message
[img]https:///2F37zR[/img][img]https:///c7J4Vm[/img]

Post by mssusa
They are real users, but they have not completed the registration or they choose to stick to the waze generated names they were given.

What I find interesting is that their numbers are increasing and they have started to make the top weekly scorers lists. This coincided with version 3.5 of the client. It might have something to do with signing in using Facebook and not creating a Waze account first. I don't use Facebook so I'm not sure. Maybe someone with more experience can explain.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
I believe that the last updated date on the editor does not necessarily mean that someone has actually logged on and edited the segment. Somehow the system has made a change to the segment because of an action by that user. It *could be * cookies munched, drives causing geometry changes, drives causing a node to be created on an intersection, confirming a client paved road,... Anything!

Disclaimer : how the system behaves in your server/country is different from how it behaves in other servers/countries.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mybigred2
Worked for me, thanks!
mybigred2
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S3 • Android 4.1.2
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
AM Twin Cities North Metro Area • Level 4 • White Bear Lake, MN

Post by shougoamakusa1
Hello I am old world_5aeuq7zx and as you can see this is my brand new username :-) thank you very much for your help I really appreciated it, I lost email data here in the forum but I could afford that.

Regards.
shougoamakusa1
Send a message
Hay momentos donde debes elegir entre lo correcto y lo fácil...

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png