Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Area Manager and higher level editors.

Post by JoWhee
I'm a level 3 editor and an area manager. There is a level 4 editor (also an area manager in the same area) who has locked most of the area I manage, so I can't edit anything. Now most of eastern Ontario is locked, not just the freeways. How can anyone edit/correct problems when everything is locked?
JoWhee
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:4605939

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Area Manager is not about being the only person who can edit in that area. The Waze map is very open and lots of users can edit it all over the place. There are a small handful of users who can edit everywhere in a country. Locks should only be applied to high-value segments or objects, or areas which have chronic issues with inexperienced editors making incorrect changes and causing issues. If you have an issue with a lock or a bunch in this case, send a PM. Open a conversation.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by argus-cronos
If you ar a level 4 or above you can. So if something is wrong contact the user via PM, or post unlock requests in the proper forum.
argus-cronos
Send a message

Post by JoWhee
Maybe I should clarify: What is the use of being an area manager if someone can come along and lock you out of your own area?
I'm not just whinging and moaning, this person undid lots of work, so now there are map errors in my area.
JoWhee
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Machete808
Submit permalinks with pertinent segments for correction to the Unlock Request subforum in Editing. Make the changes and then relock it and save (assuming it's a high-value roadway) so you can access it later.

It's a pain in the butt, but it's the only way. I am in a similar situation.

P.S. If you have the capacity to travel someplace where there aren't other editors, you can earn a lot of points that way. I'm in Hawaii where opportunities are limited but took Waze on vacation to an area in Washington state to visit my daughter in college. The place was wide open, and full of easily correctible errors. (I know the town somewhat but in general stuck with making non-navigational edits -- alignment, eliminating connectivity errors and such.)
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/on9 ... i.png?dl=0https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s ... x.png?dl=0
U.S. Local Champ
Hawaii State Manager
California State Manager
Country manager, U.S.
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!