Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

How to get 97,000 points in one day

Post by DimanZ1
The user wwwnnnado had 56000 points last week. In one day, the number of points risen to 153000. How is this possible?
User wwwnnnado came just 10 days ago and already has 12 in the ranking of the country and has 230651 points. As he makes so many points? :shock:
DimanZ1
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:1385406

Send a message
[img]https:///ZhLdc[/img][img]https:///EcBKq[/img]
350K km with Waze
Country Manager Russia

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
enhket wrote:look up the editing forum. Pretty much everyone who is top weekly uses it.
Please do NOT make rash generalizations. There are a very large number of regular, long-term editors who do NOT use external tools to hack at editing and making a massive mess of the map just for the sake of relatively worthless points.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
enhket wrote:why are you asking me to not make rash generalizations when it looked like you just called everyone who uses ET a person that "messes the map just for the sake of relatively worthless points"?
I was generalizing only so far as the idiots who do stupid things as being discussed in the ET english thread in the editing forum.

Points-per-something limitation is a possibility.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
cherianchris wrote:I forgot how to create Roundabouts on Cartouche. Can anyone refresh my memory please?
Why?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jasonh300 wrote:Next time you see these, report them to your nearest Champ. Don't delete them.
If they are indeed part of a "test" or "example" system, then the last editor will be something like a real username, not "admin." I would first contact the last updated by user via a PM on the forums here.

I create these often for examples/screenshots, but then forget about them and have twice now received a PM asking "what's up with this?" to which I answer "oh crap, sorry. please delete." :)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
dmcconachie wrote:I propose that, much like a golfer surrenders his handicap when he becomes professional, Champs and CMs should surrender their leaderboard placing. Keep the points in case they do one day turn into prizes but is there really any need for our points tallies to be there for all to feel intimidated by?
Or maybe a separate leader board for the Champs?
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by BlazeTool
People who are concerned enough with points to "cheat" to get them, need to get a life.

People who are concerned enough with if other people are "cheating" to get their points, need to do the same.

/First World Problems.

;)
BlazeTool
Send a message

Post by cherianchris
I forgot how to create Roundabouts on Cartouche. Can anyone refresh my memory please?

Chris

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png

Post by cherianchris
fvwazing wrote:It was even worse: select a junction, click "turn into roundabout", select size (randomly in meters or yards), peess enter. Wait for roundabout to appear. See that it has the wrong size. Click cancel. Repeat sequence with different size. If it fits click save. Wait for 30 seconds. Find your roundabout - oval.
:grin: got it now.. And after all that, the roundabout would miss the gps tracks. The radius of the roundabout was probably, like a Yo Yo.

Chris

cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Last edited by cherianchris on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”

Post by cherianchris
jasonh300 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
cherianchris wrote:I forgot how to create Roundabouts on Cartouche. Can anyone refresh my memory please?
Why?
Guess it's sort of like the desire to know how to drive a Model T Ford.
You guys could look at it that way.. But, old is never lost, it helps define today. :grin:

cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message