State Manager

Moderator: Unholy

State Manager

Postby PalmettoC » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:09 pm

For those who have expanded areas of responsibility, maybe you can help me with this. I asked about being an AM for my whole state (since we have huge chunks that no one seems to be taking care of) and was told send them the permalinks that I wanted. No problem, but does anyone know of an easier way to select everything at one time and send it to them rather than hundreds of permalinks? I noticed that there is someone in the bordering state where there area seems to follow along the state's border (which is what I want to do). Is there a way to use something like the landmark tool, outline the state, and send that info to them, so I would stay just in my state. I wish I could zoom out further, at least that would cut down on some of the permalinks!

Here is an example of what I am referring to:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=0&lon ... FFTFTTTTFT

Either they did it some other way, or they spent hours and hours to get it that precise!
Columbia, SC - Cleveland, TN
AT&T, iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4, Waze 3.7.7.0
ImageImage
PalmettoC

Re: State Manager

Postby txemt » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:02 pm

They spent hours doing it. I got about half of Texas before I became a CM, so now I don't worry about it. I can edit wherever I need/want to.
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby PalmettoC » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:07 pm

:cry: I've only got about 175,000 more edits till I can become a CM
ImageImage
PalmettoC

Postby dmcconachie » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:16 pm

Countrywide edit rights does not equal being a CM.
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ
OnePlus One • Android 6.0.1
UK WikiFB PageForum FAQCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby Daknife » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:05 am

dmcconachie wrote:Countrywide edit rights does not equal being a CM.

http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Editing_ranks disagrees with you. Getting to 200k edits, requesting and getting country wide edit rights is CM status. It is not Waze Champ status, but it is CM status.

As to the OP, It's a tough battle you'r fighting. I had the same problem, I was seeing problem reports for issues occurring all over my state but requesting AM status one block at a time was tedious to say the least. Then at about the time I was hitting 50k edits they bumped CM from 100k to 200k edits. Just keep plugging. The key is to find cities that have never been touched by an editor and clean them up. Just make sure you save frequently so as to not lose edits to the new 150 edit per save limit.
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby txemt » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:24 am

This may sound weird, but this is so true......there are TONS of small towns in Texas that need fixing. I'm talking about the ones in the middle of the state as well as in the panhandle. Every week or so, I pick one and clean it out. I make all of the roads two way, fix it all up, make it look pretty. You may say to yourself "I don't ever go to Texas, so I won't know my way around from rock a in the ground" but a lot of the small towns are simple squares surrounded by ranch land or farm land and that's it. There's not a whole lot to it. You can pick one of those.....as a matter of fact, here's one:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=2&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT

It's real simple. Just clean it out as well as the surrounding area. MOST of the roads out in the middle of the fields can be deleted, they're on private land and have nothing to do with day to day traffic. When you're done, lemme know, I'll find another one for you, or you can follow US-70 to your right and pick another one.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: Re: State Manager

Postby dmcconachie » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:41 am

daknife wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:Countrywide edit rights does not equal being a CM.

http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Editing_ranks disagrees with you. Getting to 200k edits, requesting and getting country wide edit rights is CM status. It is not Waze Champ status, but it is CM status.

I'm well aware of what that page states. And it needs to be rethought. CMs are responsible for far more than just a bucket load of edits and unlocking. Getting that status, certainly in the UK, takes more effort and involvement than finding a blank city and making it two-way and adding a city name!
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ
OnePlus One • Android 6.0.1
UK WikiFB PageForum FAQCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby PalmettoC » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Basically I have been trying to head out of town and clean up the country (outside the metro areas first), since those are the worst. Of course on the large majority of that which I have access is limited to the 4 miles radius of where I have driven.
I'm not really worried about having editing rights all over the country, I'd like to get my state cleaned up first!
ImageImage
PalmettoC

Postby txemt » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:36 pm

PalmettoC wrote:Basically I have been trying to head out of town and clean up the country (outside the metro areas first), since those are the worst. Of course on the large majority of that which I have access is limited to the 4 miles radius of where I have driven.
I'm not really worried about having editing rights all over the country, I'd like to get my state cleaned up first!

I know there's a couple of people already editing South Carolina, but I don't know how much they're doing, or if they're just doing things in their area. I've seen them ask for unlock requests, which is why I know there's at least 2.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby PalmettoC » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Yeah, they one that I have seen as well are mainly staying in the city, which is why I am trying to go outside of those areas. We have lots of places that don't even have AM coverage and have lots of issues with roads that need fixing.
ImageImage
PalmettoC

Next

Return to Ranks and Points