Lost over 20K points and gained additional future drive

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Lost over 20K points and gained additional future drive

Postby hickpop » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:21 pm

Not sure if it's related, but after my points were updated last night on my dashboard, they were not updated on the map or on the app. Usually, I have 3000 more points on the map/app than on the dashboard. Now I have 7000 more points on the dashboard than on the map/app.
hickpop
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby failsafe » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:44 pm

Well, writing support did no good. Ron there thought I was talking about ranks in the app.

"Thank you for your email,

The scoreboard rank is changes all the time, it depends on other users who gain points:

To reach king level, you have to be in a certain top % of all wazers in your locality (in the US, this is determined by state).

The top % is calculated once a month, and if more and more wazers get points, it's possible that the total amount needed to reach shield / sword / crown will actually go up.
While it could be frustrating, it helps us guarantee that no one gets the 'royalty' level for good - it always gives a chance for new wazers to come along and get it."

He also went on to suggest maybe other wazers gained more points and I just dropped down.

Thanks for being the go-between, Jason, and passing on that my concerns were not about how my mood appears in the app, or even how many points I have, rather that the sudden change indicated some kind of problem, either an ongoing one that corrected itself, or a problem where things just went poof.

To that end, I haven't heard much either way, or done much editing, and don't plan to until this is resolved. I learned a long time ago not to work with a tool that might be broken.
Former Area manager: Chicago Metro Area, Kenosha, and Saint Louis
ImageImage
failsafe

Postby meerachowdary » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:30 pm

Waze is nnot updating my rank either. Please refer to attachment. It says last update happened on both the dates 04/24 and 04/25 and there is an increase in ranking which says 258+ on both the dates but no update in rank. Is this an issue.

Still noone got back to me regarding my lost points. Is someone looking in to these accounts. Please let me know. Its been 1 week I reported. And now this is another ranking issue.
Waze 0425.JPG
Waze 0425.JPG (37.75 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
Waze.JPG
Waze.JPG (36.09 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
meerachowdary

Postby hickpop » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:43 pm

meerachowdary wrote:Waze is nnot updating my rank either. Please refer to attachment. It says last update happened on both the dates 04/24 and 04/25 and there is an increase in ranking which says 258+ on both the dates but no update in rank. Is this an issue.

Still noone got back to me regarding my lost points. Is someone looking in to these accounts. Please let me know. Its been 1 week I reported. And now this is another ranking issue.

I think you have the same problem as me. The rank is based on the app/WME score which differs from the dashboard score. The dashboard scores are updating and the app/WME scores are not, so the rankings haven't changed in two days.
hickpop
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jasonh300 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:00 pm

As I posted two days ago, they're doing a points audit of both accounts (meerachowdary and failsafe) Hopefully we'll have some news after the weekend, which is Friday and Saturday in Israel.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby meerachowdary » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:01 pm

Thank you. Yes someone replied to me stating that I will get back my points. But they wanted me to send screenshots of my rank issue.
meerachowdary

Postby failsafe » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:11 pm

I've heard nothing yet. How were you contacted?
Former Area manager: Chicago Metro Area, Kenosha, and Saint Louis
ImageImage
failsafe

Postby meerachowdary » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:00 pm

I sent an email to them through the support from the general section. But they did not give me all my points. On April 19th I have 76000 points and today also I see the same points 76000. But from April 19th till date I reported lots of alerts in which it should show an increase in points. Will have to send them an email again.
meerachowdary

Postby jasonh300 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:35 pm

meerachowdary wrote:I sent an email to them through the support from the general section. But they did not give me all my points. On April 19th I have 76000 points and today also I see the same points 76000. But from April 19th till date I reported lots of alerts in which it should show an increase in points. Will have to send them an email again.

You only get 6 points max per alert and you only get points for a few alerts per hour.

Via my iPhone 4S.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby meerachowdary » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:48 pm

Thank you and Yes I know on how they calculate the points. But how could it be possible that my points are 76000 on April 19th when I reported this issue and even now I get the same points 76000. On April 19th my points are 76000 and on April 20th they dropped down to 65000. After this I got 1500 points atleast which showed on my dashboard area. Please refer to attached.
Waze_0429.JPG
Waze_0429.JPG (31.56 KiB) Viewed 1029 times
In the dashboard my old points are not updated yet but they are updated in my iPhone. Please refer to attached.
photo.PNG
photo.PNG (110.71 KiB) Viewed 1029 times
The dashboard shows approx 67000 points which says an increase from 65000 to 67000 for the alerts and gas prices I did from April 19th till April 26th. I have approx 2000 points more which needs to be added.
meerachowdary

PreviousNext

Return to Ranks and Points