Post by robin1979
Waze is all about drivers, and much less about editors. Just look at the new bonuses:

Resolve 50 map problems - 500 pts
Drive 500 miles - 1000 pts

Guess which one is much easier to achieve.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by RogerSnape63
Certainly those of us who edit seem to have to make a disproportionate amount of effort to earn points. I like your idea. :)

Edit - I've just seen the new rewards bonus page. I actually managed a gold for being first in state for one week and it takes about 12-15 hours of editing to keep up with the drivers now - and the scores are increasing all the time. Shame that some of these rewards are not retrospective!
RogerSnape63
Send a message
Last edited by RogerSnape63 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Area Manager - South Hants, England
Nokia 5800

Post by RogerSnape63
fvwazing wrote:No - it shows that the editingeffort was grossly underestimated to begin with - as if we only had to add streetnames and Waze-o-matic would do the rest. About time that Waze starts pampering the editors...
Damn right. I'm getting fed up with spending hours editing whilst others seemingly get rewarded for leaving mess all over the place. Waze needs the maps to be able to compete and it's about time that editing was properly recognised. If it was left to drivers only it would be a mess. And I still want my top of the state bonus (see my above post) activated in retrospect too.... :p
RogerSnape63
Send a message
Nokia 5800

RogerSnape63
Send a message
Nokia 5800

Post by unwallflower
I LOVE this idea. I've never seen this suggested before. I've seen a lot of people argue for increasing the points you get by editing... but I'm not sure I really agree with that.

This is a fantastic idea. Add it to uservoice, pretty please? I'll vote!
unwallflower
Send a message

unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Capboomer wrote:Love it...now if I could only be allowed to edit some BLATANT errors in my area roads where the AM is not paying attention.
Err... just drive there. Or become an area manager yourself. Either way will give you editing permissions in that area.
unwallflower
Send a message