Ranks, Points & the Scoreboard: The Eventual Death of Waze

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Ranks, Points & the Scoreboard: The Eventual Death of Wa

Postby Thortok2000 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:28 pm

I admit I'm very new to Waze. I love going in and editing the map in several of the ways mentioned in the original post, not because I'm point-hunting, but because I like having a really accurate map.

I watched all the videos on youtube and I've read some of the wiki. I'm not trying to mess up the map for anyone else, I'm trying to improve it, that's the whole point.

I don't see people get 'points' for editing other wiki-type databases. I don't see that it's necessary here, either. The incentive to edit the map is to have an accurate map. I don't see that there's any other incentive necessary.

I do think a 'communicate with other editors of the segment' and such would be handy. Or a way to add map notes that someone can reply to and you'll be notified of a response.

For reported map problems, I often want to ask the user additional questions to help me fix the map for them. That'd be handy, too.

I'm more than happy to take any additional knowledge of best practices available. I want the map to be accurate, consistent, and simple (in that priority.) I'm happy to put in plenty of effort to get it that way. What do I need to do?
ImageImage
New job is taking up most of my time. =( Still occasionally poking around the Greenville, SC area.
Thortok2000

Previous

Return to Ranks and Points