searching for network??

Post by scooter110
I am a relatively new waze user and am having trouble with a loss of network connection. According to my cell provider, unless I am in a "4G" area, I cannot talk on the phone an maintain Internet connection simultaneously. I have found that if I am running waze and answer the phone while in "3G", the phrase "searching for network" will appear at the top of my waze screen. If I remain on the phone for an extended period of time, waze cannot seem to find network connection even after I've ended my call. The only way I can get waze to reconnect is to shut down and reboot. Is this a known problem or is there something I can do to resolve this issue. The reason for my concern is because I am losing any points I should be earning while on the phone and also any points earned before I got on the phone. So far the only thing I have figured out is to reject a call, shut down waze (so my points will be uploaded), then call back the person who was trying to reach me. Kind of a pain in the rear! Hopefully someone can shed some light on the issue. Thanks!
scooter110

POSTER_ID:16889879

Send a message

Post by mbrown85
Having the very same problem described here. Tried many and all forms of troubleshooting above - with little/no improvements. Seems to be a common problem among users with poor in/out of low service networks - i can't seem to get the servers to re-connect me after going through a bad 'zone'.

Being a very new user, i'm trying to give this app a chance - but i'm getting more frustrated without any customer support for this reoccuring issue with the Waze network.

Hope someone can help soon.............
mbrown85
Send a message

Post by mgg4nic
Not all network providers support being on the phone and also have data access. As you have noticed, when you are on the phone, Waze is unable to reach the servers. This is one of the reasons I've stuck with AT&T. There are faster network providers out there, but if the don't support simultaneous voice and data, that won't work for me.

As to fixing your problem with Waze not automatically reconnecting when you hang the phone up, this sounds like a bug. Have you tried stopping the network (iPhone Airplane Mode) and then turning it back on? This may initiate the reconnect routines in Waze. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mgg4nic
Send a message
iPad 4 and iPhone 6 Plus - Waze Ver 4.4.0.0
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Semi-active, casual editor, who used to be very active.

Post by ply8808
A common issue with me, normally just putting the app to sleep and wake up resolves the search issue but there have been times a hard reset was necessary. I believe this results from too many processes running at one time.
ply8808
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ
Local Champ - USA
HD riding wazer, Arizona.
iPhone 7, iOS 13.3.1

Post by scooter110
I have not tried switching to airplane mode but I certainly will. Thanks for your suggestion and I will be sure to post whether or not it works!
scooter110
Send a message

Post by scooter110
I recently tried the suggestion made by mgg4nic. After completing a phone call, in a 3G area, waze could not find network connection. I switched to airplane mode and then turned it off but waze still couldn't find the connection. Only after I shut down the app and restarted it would waze begin to operate properly again. Anyone else know what can be done to fix this???
scooter110
Send a message