N2 Temporary Bypass - Road sinkhole collapse

Post by Discus
Hi, I edited the N2 to reflect the temporary bypass which will be in effect for the next couple of months that goes around the section of the N2 which was washed away between PE and Grahamstown.

The permalink is : https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=26.3 ... TTTTTTTTFT

I have left the "broken" patch of road there (apparently you're supposed to "preserve" roads in Waze as much as possible), and disconnected the ends and changed the routing to flow around the bypass.

I hope this is right?

J.
Discus

POSTER_ID:288293

Send a message
Grahamstown Area Manager

Post by Discus
Thanks mithrandi,

It's very well signposted and there are 40km/h speedhumps all over the road, so I don't think anyone will be confused when they hit it - I assume Waze users don't drive with their eyes closed... :lol:

The shape (of the bypass) is accurate, I drove it 4 times with pave on in the last couple of days.
Discus
Send a message
Grahamstown Area Manager

Post by mithrandi
I can't comment on the shape of the actual bypass since I'm on the other side of the country, but what you've done there basically looks good to me. One suggestion I would make is to allow the turns for going straight from the N2 on to the dead-end bit beyond the detour junction; this way, the client should issue an instruction like "Keep left onto N2 - Temporary Bypass" which I think would be useful. I'm not sure if it'll issue a "keep" instruction without the straight turn being allowed (maybe it does anyway?).
mithrandi
Send a message
Tristan Seligmann
AM: Johannesburg, South Africa
Community expert: South Africa (client / Android / editing / routing)
Android 4.1 / HTC One X