N1

Post by MoHaG
Can someone with permissions (seem like they only last a few months or so) please fix the N1 through the Free State?

Large parts are classified as Major Highway instead of Freeway and there is hundreds of junctions that make fixing the road type / any other editing hard.
MoHaG

POSTER_ID:728050

Send a message
Former Area Manager for Centurion / Southern Pretoria

Post by glipsie
Ha ha! I love that drive! Sadly don't get to do it anymore :(
I remember doing the N17/N4/N11/N2 route. Wow that took long and was not really exciting at all!
I have recently driven the N3. Can't get myself to start fixing the road yet but I'll do it eventually :)
glipsie
Send a message

Post by mithrandi
I recently had the dubious pleasure of driving the N1 from Johannesburg to Cape Town, and back; I'm now going over the road in Waze fixing up all the gaps / spurious junctions / incorrect segment directions, and it's proving to be even more boring than the actual driving :/

Anyhow, I've done from Cape Town through to Colesberg so far; I guess if anyone wants to raise any issues with this road, now would be a good time to do it, while I still have the editing privileges.
mithrandi
Send a message
Tristan Seligmann
AM: Johannesburg, South Africa
Community expert: South Africa (client / Android / editing / routing)
Android 4.1 / HTC One X

Post by rorygren
Done as much as I can for now...

Might be more I can do further south of Bloemfontein.

I'm battling a bit without the satellite imagery at the moment, so the roads might not be correct in terms of geometry, etc. I'll have another bash at it in a day or three.

Rory

;)
rorygren
Send a message
Wazing on an iPhone 4

Post by rorygren
I'll have another bash later today...

I think requests/reports like these should be done on your phone as a problem report .... I don't think many people visit the forums often .... You saw how long it took before I responded :mrgreen:
rorygren
Send a message
Wazing on an iPhone 4

Post by zs2cli
The N1 is now through to Polokwane and should be though to Musina soon.
zs2cli
Send a message
Area manager: Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hardware: Samsung Galaxy S II : Android 4.0.3
Car: Volkswagen Polo
Waze Beta Tester