[Guidelines] Handling of UR's
In the past we have made some guidelines for the handling of UR's in the Benelux. Because they are difficult to find in the forum and didn't make in to the wiki yet, here a short summary
- UR's where the reason for the problem is clear and where you have solved the problem, can be closed as "Solved". It is recommended to reply to the reporter what you did to solve the problem.
- When the reason is not clear you can ask the reporter for more information. When there is no response to your request for information within 5 days you can send a reminder to the reporter. When there is still no answer you can close the UR as "Not Indentified" after an extra 2 days. So an unindentified UR stays open for a minium of 7 days.
- You can always use the UR sub-forums of the different countries or Hangout or Slack to ask for assistance of other editors.
- Sometimes a higher Level editor is needed to solve the problem, because the involved segments are locked at a high Level.
- There is no ownership of a UR. It is however recommended that you contact the editor who asked for information if you have Solved a UR with a pending request for information.
When a UR seems to be forgotten by the original editor (more than 2 weeks have passed since the request for information) you are free to close the UR as "Not Indentified" .