Waze Causes Problems with other Apps

Post by BoerneWatch
Looking for a solution

I have had Waze on my Android phone for 2 months now and I have deduced that it is messing with GasBuddy and a much lesser known app eKey which is vital to my business.

The background fight between Waze and GasBuddy somehow prevents either from adding either points (Waze) or rankings for local posting (GasBuddy). I have removed GasBuddy for now.

However, points aren't everything.

My eKey requires checking in daily by the phone and has been problem free for years but since Waze was added, updating my eKey has required getting the update from outside sources which would be fine except that there is a limit per month and it has been reached.

Of course, on top of all this, I have "frozen" Waze points.

I have no choice between Waze and eKey which is what about a million real estate professionals pay for and are required to use.
BoerneWatch

POSTER_ID:17216551

Send a message

Post by voludu2
If you put Waze to sleep, does ekey Work?
If you remove Waze from running in the background, does ekey Work?
If you delete Waze, does ekey Work?

Unfortunately, the Waze team does not monitor the North America forum. But you can report the results of your testing at https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6276841

You might also want to report the problem to ekey.

From time to time, Waze points are "frozen" while back end maintenance and major upgrades happen. This just happened recently. You might check again to see if Waze and gas buddy seem to get along any better, and perform similar tests with one or the other removed from running in the background and then deleted entirely.

I hope your problem gets resolved.
voludu2
Send a message