Gated Community @ Rio Vista, CA

Post by Blue_Meenie
Trilogy Rio Vista is a gated community with 4 entrances,3 of which are unmanned and require vehicle identification. WAZE routes people to these unmanned gates and they cannot complete their journey to the requested destination.

Would it be possible to only give directions to our main entrance which is manned 24x7 at Highway 12 and Summerset Road in Rio Vista, CA USA whenever someone is coming to our community.

The gated entrances are on:
Marks Road intersections with Church Road
Diamond Hills Drive intersection with Church Road
Palisades Drive intersection with Airport Road
Blue_Meenie

POSTER_ID:17627231

Send a message

Post by abc1357
Hello Blue_Meenie,
The way the Triology Rio Vista gated community is set up, Waze should route drivers to the Summerset Road gate. I just tested and you are correct, this behavior seems have to changed in that I do get routes via the resident gates when I am starting my route from far away (e.g. Stockton, Sacramento, San Francisco).

I'll have to do more testing and figure what is going on.

Thanks.
abc1357
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by abc1357
Hello Blue_Meenie,
After some testing, this is now working. Everyone routing to Trilogy at Rio Vista will be routed via the Summerset Road gate.

If you prefer to be routed through another gate, you'd have to set it up as a "Add a Drive".

For example, if you prefer to use the Marks Road gate, first search and route to the address you are lgoing to. Then, tap the magnifying glass on the lower left and search for "Marks Road Gate". You may have to tap the "More results for:..." at the bottom of the screen. Tap Marks Road Gate and select "Add a drive". This will route you to the address via the Marks Road Gate.

Similarly, I have set up the other resident only gates. They are known as "Diamond Hills Gate" and "Palisades Drive Gate". You set them up routing through them the same way.

Let me know if it worked for you or not.

Thanks.
abc1357
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by Blue_Meenie
Thank You for the quick response.
We look forward to the results of your testing.
Blue_Meenie
Send a message

Post by Blue_Meenie
Thanks for fixing the routing. This will reduce the frustration of our visitors by routing them to the correct entrance to our community.
We really appreciate it.
Blue_Meenie
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
If this seems to be working for you, please hit the green check mark on the thread.
turbomkt  
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)