Red Light Camera alerts, let us disable PLEASE.

Post by chanrobi
Hi guys,

I think this has been mentioned before but I think it should be mentioned again, please - let us disable red light camera audio notifications WITHOUT disabling ALL sound alerts.

I think a lot of us don't really care for these alerts (we don't run reds anyways!), and not only do these interrupt music/podcasts that are playing, it does it at MAX volume.

And if you are commuting like me, you may receive these alerts multiple times enroute...
chanrobi

POSTER_ID:17888474

Send a message

Post by Harmonious4
I'm sorry, but the post above me is mistaken. It is possible to disable speed camera alerts, but there is no option in that menu for red light camera alerts. You can either put up with the red light camera alerts, or disable all Waze sounds including turn instructions.

This certainly has been mentioned before, and staff have said that they are working on it. In my opinion it's a simple fix that should already have happened.
Harmonious4
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message
Country Manager: Canada

Post by immabasso
Speed Camera alerts. I do NOT get audio notifications. I just got my 2nd ticket. The only way I know is if I am holding the app and looking at the map. All notifications are turned ON on my cell phone. On the Waze app, I have all notification alerts turned ON. There must be a technical glitch. Please help!!!
immabasso
Send a message

Post by jm6087
chanrobi wrote:Hi guys,

I think this has been mentioned before but I think it should be mentioned again, please - let us disable red light camera audio notifications WITHOUT disabling ALL sound alerts.

I think a lot of us don't really care for these alerts (we don't run reds anyways!), and not only do these interrupt music/podcasts that are playing, it does it at MAX volume.

And if you are commuting like me, you may receive these alerts multiple times enroute...
You can disable just the red light/speed camera alerts without disabling ALL alerts.

Go to your settings, Alerts & Reports, Reports. You will find a long list of alerts you can change.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Harmonious4 wrote:I'm sorry, but the post above me is mistaken. It is possible to disable speed camera alerts, but there is no option in that menu for red light camera alerts. You can either put up with the red light camera alerts, or disable all Waze sounds including turn instructions.

This certainly has been mentioned before, and staff have said that they are working on it. In my opinion it's a simple fix that should already have happened.
Thanks for clarifying. We don't have any speed camera's in TX and the red light camera's have just been outlawed. I saw the option in the app for the speed camera and didn't think that they would be separate alerts in the app.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ