Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

ERRATIC MAP ON FORD SYNC

Post by 1a84f3107eb4473f836f819d34f471dc
Good morning All,

Over the past few weeks, my map has been totally messed up. I have Waze running through Android Auto to my Ford Sync 3. Sometimes it will take halfway through my trip before it ever calculates the route. (Good thing I know where I'm going :D )

Secondly, If Waze does happen to populate the route before my trip, I can never get a steady screen on my Ford touchscreen. The map will turn left, turn right, do a complete 360 and jump around. If the screen does stay still, the map driving direction will be to the right hand side and my car icon driving sideways to the right. And sometimes will say "no internet connection" when I have full signal on my phone.

I've tried everything to fix the issue. Started with clearing the cache. Made sure all options were set correctly. Restarted my phone. Restarted my truck. Uninstalled/reinstalled the Waze app. Made sure location was on. Not sure what else to do...
1a84f3107eb4473f836f819d34f471dc

POSTER_ID:17904514

Send a message

Post by tcalvert317
1a84f3107eb4473f836f819d34f471dc wrote:Good morning All,

Over the past few weeks, my map has been totally messed up. I have Waze running through Android Auto to my Ford Sync 3. Sometimes it will take halfway through my trip before it ever calculates the route. (Good thing I know where I'm going :D )

Secondly, If Waze does happen to populate the route before my trip, I can never get a steady screen on my Ford touchscreen. The map will turn left, turn right, do a complete 360 and jump around. If the screen does stay still, the map driving direction will be to the right hand side and my car icon driving sideways to the right. And sometimes will say "no internet connection" when I have full signal on my phone.

I've tried everything to fix the issue. Started with clearing the cache. Made sure all options were set correctly. Restarted my phone. Restarted my truck. Uninstalled/reinstalled the Waze app. Made sure location was on. Not sure what else to do...
I apologize for the delayed response. I think I might have an answer for you. I found this answer: "It looks that I found the solution to the problem. In app settings choose Waze then turn off any the battery saver option. After that my Waze started to work well," in this forum: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=233407

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Ted
tcalvert317
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message