Carpool-Suspicious riders! Scam or App issue?

Post by Billpq
I occasionally offer rides, but frequently look to see if someone needs a ride that might be convieniently on my commute.

Lately, I have noticed about 12-15 names that are looking for a ride from a small apartment complex in LA, to a business destination only about 3-4 miles away. Of the 12-15 riders, there are only about 6 unique photos being used for their profile... in other words, Julie uses the exact pic as Lucy, Sam uses the same pic as Sarah, etc.. All 12-15 use the exact same pickup and dropoff location with the same time request.

I don't believe there is a chance in the world that 15 different people truly need a ride every weekday from this same small apartment builiding in LA to the exact same destination. If it were a single occurence I would think there was a party or something, but every day just doesn't make sense, especially when they are duplicating the images of themselves.

I've sent screenshots to waze, but they didn't seem to care or get the point and wanted more info... not sure what else I could tell them!

Is this a scam, or is it an issue with the carpool app?
Billpq

POSTER_ID:1242076

Send a message

Post by nzahn1
We’ve asked the Waze carpool team to look into this. Watch your forum inbox in case they message you directly.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter