Toolbox Permissions USA

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Re: Toolbox Permissions USA

Postby taco909 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:36 am

steveinark wrote:happily with the restriction to select only ONE segment at a time, was very helpful.

Or even multiple segments... but only selected segments, not all segments on the screen.

But if we can get it back only for a single selected segment, I'd be happy.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby t0cableguy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:22 am

This restriction came about from many users abusing the feature in the past. The original incarnation was an entire screen at a very wide zoom level.

I would agree that the one segment option would be ideal, as the entire screen can, would, and has be abused very easily.

The thought that this being allowed could allow map damage is the same as someone saying ctrl+shift+click+drag couldn't be used to delete entire roadway networks.
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@
t0cableguy

Postby bart99gt » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:25 pm

t0cableguy wrote:This restriction came about from many users abusing the feature in the past. The original incarnation was an entire screen at a very wide zoom level.

I would agree that the one segment option would be ideal, as the entire screen can, would, and has be abused very easily.

The thought that this being allowed could allow map damage is the same as someone saying ctrl+shift+click+drag couldn't be used to delete entire roadway networks.

That's what our point was. There are so many other ways that someone could cause damage to the map or farm points using the base editor, that it is silly locking out features that have use to even senior editors (I know, I know, there were some L5+ abusing the tool).

I'd like to see the entire community move past the heavy handed attitude of removing features from these scripts entirely and try to come up with a creative solution that protects the integrity of the map while also serving the needs of the editing community.
US Country Manager
Memphis, TN Area Manager
Cobb/Douglas County, GA Area Manager

Mississippi Wiki Page https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Mississippi
bart99gt

Previous

Return to WME Toolbox Country Settings