Toolbox Permissions USA

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Re: Toolbox Permissions USA

Postby doctorkb » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:34 am

qwaletee wrote:
doctorkb wrote:If you want a reason that really impacts you, then let's say the more geonodes on the screen, the more intensive it is for TB or WMECH to provide highlights in the editor.

I mention this one specifically, because I remember a thread where someone had spoken to Dev, and claimed that Waze said not to worry about it.

I'm suspecting you misquoted. Because I will tell you that the highlighting portions of the editor scripts will certainly have to work harder in your browser if there are more geonodes.
Waze Global Champ
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby taco909 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:55 am

doctorkb wrote:
qwaletee wrote:
doctorkb wrote:If you want a reason that really impacts you, then let's say the more geonodes on the screen, the more intensive it is for TB or WMECH to provide highlights in the editor.

I mention this one specifically, because I remember a thread where someone had spoken to Dev, and claimed that Waze said not to worry about it.

I'm suspecting you misquoted. Because I will tell you that the highlighting portions of the editor scripts will certainly have to work harder in your browser if there are more geonodes.

This was quoted properly as I recall the statement.
As I said in my post just above, from a Waze dev's perspective, it's not a problem.

It may not be a problem for Waze, but it is a problem for editors (and script authors)
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby doctorkb » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:03 am

taco909 wrote:This was quoted properly as I recall the statement.
As I said in my post just above, from a Waze dev's perspective, it's not a problem.

It may not be a problem for Waze, but it is a problem for editors (and script authors)

Well, not as much authors -- we have libraries to take care of it, so it's more just those who use our scripts. :)
Waze Global Champ
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby taco909 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:05 am

doctorkb wrote:
taco909 wrote:This was quoted properly as I recall the statement.

Well, not as much authors -- we have libraries to take care of it, so it's more just those who use our scripts. :)

Except that you get to listen to us complain when your script causes WME to lag :D
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby Fredo-p » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:10 am

taco909 wrote:Except that you get to listen to us complain when your script causes WME to lag :D

But WME would never cause itself to lag................
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby bart99gt » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:32 pm

Thortok2000 wrote:@ottonomy -

Sounds like a better tool would be to 'move entire segment' keeping its geometry but realigning it somewhere else, possibly with a rotation feature as well.

However, I think the easiest way to do it would be to first move the '1 out of every 4' or so nodes to their new positions, and then swipe-delete the rest that got left behind. If you did the swipe-delete first, you might wind up removing the ones you want to keep, true, so just do the swipe-delete after.

While I don't think there's much harm in allowing simseg on a single segment at a time, I still don't see that there's that much use, either. It's really not that much time saved, if any at all.

I understand I'm a little late to the conversation, but when you have an entire city, built on a grid, and EVERY street has two geonodes on it and EVERY street needs its alignment tweaked, you will soon see the usefulness of the simseg tool. Ditto goes for the remove unneccessary junction nodes tool in TB. When they got rid of the function (and despite what they say, I can't believe that it was ever unintended to work this way...I was using it for too long before it was "fixed") to delete nodes just because they had a restricted turn to protect a 1:1,000,000 or greater instance, it greatly reduced the value of that tool as well.

The issue with edits hardening turns, etc., is something that should have been taken up with Waze directly and fixed in WME (ie., a turn isn't hardened unless you edit the turn restrictions directly!) instead of making everyone edit with a hand tied behind their backs.
US Country Manager
Memphis, TN Area Manager
Cobb/Douglas County, GA Area Manager

Mississippi Wiki Page https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Mississippi
bart99gt

Postby KuniaKid » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:38 pm

Since WME awards 1 edit per segment touched, instead of total actual edits, can we have simplified segments back?
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager

Postby taco909 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:39 am

KuniaKid wrote:Since WME awards 1 edit per segment touched, instead of total actual edits, can we have simplified segments back?

Ditto.

Probably the most common use for me personally is when cleaning up "bbq" parking lots created by newbies.
Deleting the extra junctions is still there and works, but then the geonodes have to be cleaned up.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby steveinark » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Totally agree. I would hope the champs would revisit that discussion. It was the feeling of many that having it available: happily with the restriction to select only ONE segment at a time, was very helpful. Especially for basemap, or areas that were worked by an over-zealous editor adjusting geometry at the highest zoom possible.
[ img ]
Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas
Steve (Eureka Springs, AR)
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager

Postby PesachZ » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:03 pm

Just for perspective the points allocation has not changed recently, out was also one point per segment when this was restricted. That doesn't mean it can't be revisited, just saying that was not the reason.

Sent from Android using Tapatalk
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

PreviousNext

Return to WME Toolbox Country Settings